Part-32

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan saw them at the buffet area and went and sat at the table.

He tapped his foot impatiently waiting for her.

Within a couple of minutes Wahi came with two plates of food and Teja with one. Wahi kept a plate in front of Karan and sat on the opposite side as Teja sat beside him.

"Khaa lein....aaj maine saara packing wagerah bhi kar liya hai so no skipping breakfast....see mai kitna good girl hai....kitna good girl hai mai...." She said in her baby voice and he rolled his eyes and started to eat.

Teja saw him from the corner of her eyes. She knew he had seen them talking and was dying to ask her but couldn't. He would never admit that but he was scared.

"What happened?" She asked frowning at him and he shook his head.

"Puch hi lein...." Wahi said concentrating on his food.

Karan looked at Wahi and realised that even he was there taking their food.

"What did you speak?" He asked looking at her.

"Tu kya sab Wahi se permission leke karta hai?" She hit him with the unused fork kept on the table.

"Haan tereko koi problem hai?" Wahi raised his brows. "We boys are like that...."

"Species hi strange ho tum log...." Teja frowned.

"Will you tell me?" He asked sternly.

"Arrey nothing....she just asked me to pass a bowl...." She said sweetly.

"Yeah right...." He scoffed. "Bolna nahi hai bol dein nuh...."

"Wahi?is there anything worth mentioning that happened?" She asked Wahi.

Wahi knew that she was telling the truth. She did ask her to pass a bowl but that was not it. There was an indirect communication that had happened there.

"No nothing...." He shook his head and Karan gave him a really bro look.

"Arrey seriously....they didn't talk directly....she was telling her friend that she had met her ex while travelling for a channel....she said it loudly enough for me and teja to listen....i am sure she meant you...." Wahi said honestly.

Karan immediately looked at Teja who was busy eating the pancakes.

"Use mat dekh....she gave it back...." He chuckled.

"What did she say?" Karan looked at Wahi.

"She told me Sunny apne life ki har details mujhe bol bol ke khaana peena hi bhul jaata hai uske liye extra pancake lein...." Wahi laughed. "And she stressed on sunny....loud enough for them to hear everything....you know?hinting them that she already knows how you met....i swear kundrra i was this close to burst into laughter...."

"Kya pagal ladki hai yaar tu...." Karan looked at Teja amused. But he was happy internally. His girl stood for him. Even in his absence. And that is what matters. Someone defending you when you are not there.

"Haan mai hoon pagal....now please eat....we will miss out flight...." She rolled her eyes as of nothing had happened. "Sab baas mere khaane ki dushman hai....khaane ke time chapar chapar...." She kept talking to herself and the boys looked at each other and shook their head hopelessly.

They had signed this up for life. One as a best friend and one as something even he doesn't know as of now.

*****

They got ready to leave for the airport to go to their last stop in France , Marseille before they would fly to Switzerland.

Karan went to her room and rang the bell. She opened the door and gave him a side hug.

"Just a second...." She quickly took her jacket in her arms and took her back packs and a hand bag and sling bag.

"Itne saare hand luggages?" He looked at her amused.

"Yeah you won't get it....girls need different bags and after shopping my check in luggage is so full that i legit had to buy a handbag...." She said patting her new handbag.

He shook his head hopelessly and took a bag from her hand.

"You will carry this?sacchhi?" She squealed in joy.

"No i won't...." He rolled his eyes. "Just arrange all the bags properly....wear the back pack i will hold it till then...."

"Whatever...." She made a face and took everything properly and snatched the bag away from him and walked out of the room with attitude.

"Wahi....i am sitting with you...." She said loudly as they came out of the hotel to the bus.

"Dekh behen....tu mujhe iss sab mein involve mat kar...." He said sternly and got into the bus and sat beside Rithvik before she could pull out a stunt.

Karan looked at Teja innocently and she gave him an angry look and got into the bus.

"We boys have a strong sense of bro code...." He said while sitting down beside her.

"What bro code?who am i to you?" She frowned like a kid to him.

"You don't know?" He bend down a little to reach her face level and said huskily.

"No....no i don't know...." She fumbled nervously.

"Really?" He moved closer.

"Hmm...." She said looking away from his eyes.

He smiled softly and sat straight.

The bus started and he was proud of himself. He didn't even loom back once at the hotel where probably she was still staying.

He sighed and leaned back on the seat closing his eyes.

"Sunny?" She held his hand softly and he looked at her still leaning back on the seat.

"You okay?" She asked softly.

He nodded softly. His eyes shining with gratitude. He had a lot of doubt about the fact whether Teja truly knew how much she had helped him. If she wasn't there beside him , he had no idea how would he have dealt with coming face to face with her again. They were in the same freaking lift and just the fact that Teja was with him had made everything so easy for him. She hadn't even hold his hand there , yet with her presence she made him feel that she was there with him in this. He didn't want to show anything off to her. He didn't feel the need to. Yet he knew that she had seen them at night in the lawn , in the trampoline and at the breakfast table as well. She had also seen her leave him to give that space to him when they met at the bank of the river.

He closed his eyes again. And sighed.

"Karan...." she squeezed his palm. "Love is not the only pain that we get and love is not the only relief that we seek...."