Part-47

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan reached the venue for promotion. They all had a few solo interviews sheduled and the moment he had entered the hall he scanned the place for her.

He couldn't sleep throughout the night because of what had happened the last day and his eyes were puffed. He was exhausted. And she was not there. He quickly went to the boys and pulled Wahi aside.

"Where is she?" He asked Wahi without beating around the bush.

"She would give the interviews tomorrow....she had an emergency dubbing and some patch shoot because her show doesn't have bank episodes and today is saturday....her show goes on air on saturdays...." Wahi gave him the information that he had.

"Oh...." Karan's face fell in disappointment and he walked away to where his seat was set.

He had given all his solo interviews and then had gone back home. He had his kunch and straight away went to sleep.

He had woken up late in the evening and lazily got ready for the launch party of the show.

I hope she is there.

He went to the party and by the time Parvez drove him there , it was already late and everyone had come.

He went inside the pub after posing for the media and saw her on the dance floor dancing with their creative head Ankush.

Ankush had his arms wrapped around her waist as they danced happily and laughed.

Had he seen it while being present at the party from before , he would have thought that she was doing this just to make him jealous. But she had no idea that he had arrived and she was dancing from before he came because the moment he had entered , he had seen them dance.

His gritted his teeth and went to the other people.

Karan stood at the bar sipping his scotch and looked at her from time to time. She would come to the other end of the bar with Ankush , have a shot and go back to the dance floor and within an hour he could see that she was tipsy.

She had come to the bar again , this time without Ankush as he was busy talking to someone. Karan immediately went to her.

She was about to gulp the shot down when he held her hand and took the glass away.

"Enough of this....you are already drunk...." And with that he kept the glass on the table.

"Excuse me...." She frowned at him.

"Teja let's go i'll drop you come...." He held her hand tightly since she had swayed a bit.

"Karan leave my hand...." She said politely and eyed where he had held her arm.

"Stop being stubborn....come on let's go...." He said calmly.

"Karan i won't repeat myself....leave my hand...." She said firmly , looking into his eyes.

Karan looked at her angrily.

"Karan leave my hand...." She said loudly. If the music was not loud people around them would have heard her but the music was too loud for anyone to listen.

"I won't....you are drunk....you cannot even stand properly...." He hissed angrily.

"Don't you have any manners Karan?when a girl is asking you to leave her hand , you will keep on holding her?" She asked amused and he left her hand immediately.

What?did she really say that?

"Much better...." She said sternly as soon as he left her. "Now we can have the conversation...."

"Come i'll drop you...." Karan said trying to keep his calm.

"Ankush will drop me don't worry...." She said politely.

Karan's face hardened. He pulled her into the gents washroom , found it empty and closed the door.

"He won't....can't you understand that you are drunk...." He said running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Karan....please stop interfering in my life...." She said calmly. "He is a friend and he will drop me....you not wanting him to drop me won't make me change anything....and i trust him....so doesn't matter if i am drunk or not...."

"You will not go with him....i don't trust him...." He said pinning her to the wall holding his upper arms tightly. His face was inches away from hers and yet she was looking deep into his eyes. She was not scared or intimidated.

"Doesn't matter whom you trust and whom you don't....i do...." She said confidently.

"Really?" He tightened the grip on her upper arm. "Then why did you lie yesterday that you feel love is a time waste and what not?you are enjoying with him i can see that...." He whispered.

His breath was fanning her lips. He eyed her lips and traced his palm down her arms.

"You said it today but do not repeat it again....what i do and what i don't do....what i believe in and what i don't believe in is not your concern and i will not hear a single thing from you regarding this....ever again...." She said in a dangerously low voice.

"Do not go with him....please Teja...." He touched his forehead with her and cupped her face. "Please....i will ask Wahi to drop you if you don't want me to drop you...." He closed his eyes and his voice pleaded her.

"I wish i could listen to you...." She said and pushed him by keeping both her palm on his chest. He staggered a few steps back and looked at her helplessly.

"Bye...." She said looking at him and went out.

He punched the platform of the sink and felt his eyes brimming up.

This was not how it was supposed to be. Not how she was supposed to be.

He took in a few deep breathes and went out of the washroom into the party and she was not there. Neither was Ankush.

*****

He opened his eyes when the alarm rang and frowned immediately. His head was throbbing. Because of the possible hangover. After realising that Teja and gone with Ankush he had drank till he couldn't stand and didn't even have a vivid memory of how he had reached his room. He remembered faintly that ritwik had helped him sit in the car.

He sighed and checked his phone and was shocked see the number of notifications. He had several missed calls from his entire team.

He quickly opened watsapp and was shocked to see so many messages from Omi.

He opened the chat and looked at the screen blankly. Omi had sent him links of articles from all possible media houses. He opened the last link.

Karan Kundrra backed off from a relationship with Tejasswi Prakash during their shoot in Europe?

Read the headline.