Part-28

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Kundrri i know...." She said softly.

"What?" He frowned looking at her.

"What you didn't say last night...." She said softly. "I also know that what you said was not true...."

"What did i say?i didn't say anything...." He said as a matter of fact. "I just said half sentences....you assumed that i said something and you said you understand and you know i have nothing...."

"Hawwww...." She widened her eyes in shock.

"Am i lying?did i say anything?you assumed...." He said pointing his index finger at her.

"But i know Kundrri...." She held his hand. "I know you like me too...." She said softly.

His face softened a little but he still maintained a sulky face.

"But i also know it has nothing to do with anything else but purely with the fact that you feel i understand you....that is why you like me....it is not like what i felt for you...." She said softly.

Yes you know everything. Now please shut up.

"You feel nothing....you just have a crush on me...." He said in a low voice and picked up the phone to call the restaurant. He ordered their dinner.

She smiled sheepishly listening to him.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked rolling his eyes.

"You are a kid...." She pinched his cheeks and he moved his face back.

"Don't...." He said sternly.

"Awieee...." She pulled his cheeks and he frowned and made a face.

"Stop...." He said in irritation.

"Why?" She frowned.

"Because you are just crushing on me....so all this doesn't make sense...." He said sternly.

"Arrey but uska cheeks pull karne ke saath kya lena dena?" She frowned.

"So you agree it is a crush?" He raised his brows.

"Yeah i mean...." She stopped looking at his face hardening. "No i mean....what do you want me to say?" She smiled widely.

"Nothing...." He said casually. "Keep crushing...."

"So you want attention?" She smiled sheepishly.

The door bell rang and he went and took their dinner. He served in a single plate and started to feed her.

"So you want attention?" She repeated her question as he fed her and had alternate bites.

"I don't want anything from you...." He said sulking.

"You want a lot of things....you need attention....you want me to say so much...." She said softly.

"If you know everything then do it...." He said casually.

They finished their dinner and he kept the plate away and gave her a wet wipe and gestured her to wipe her mouth.

She wiped her mouth and he switched on the bedside night lamp and switched off the lights of the room.

"Lay down...." He said strictly.

"No...." She crossed her arms across her chest and sat like a grumpy kid.

"Teja...." He said strictly.

She held his hand and made him sit beside her.

"So you want me to do everything that you want...." She said softly.

"I don't want anything...." He rolled his eyes.

"Abhi toh kaha if you know it then do it...." She said imitating him.

"Yeah whatever...." He rolled his eyes.

She held his left cheek with her right hand and kissed his right cheek.

He closed his eyes immediately and gulped.

She moved back a little and blushed softly.

"I wouldn't have done this to anyone....nor have i ever done it....but i don't know why with you i did it...." She said slowly , not meeting his eyes.

"I am little slow and shy...." He said slowly.

"I know...." She whispered.

"Thank you....i know....i know what you are doing for me is way beyond your comfort level...." He said looking at her face as she kept looking down. "Thank you for making me feel so special...."

"Because you are special...." She said softly.

So are you.

"Teja i was really scared in the morning....i didn't want to scold you but...." He stopped searching for the correct words to frame his sentence.

"You were also angry about last night because you thought i couldn't understand you?" She asked softly. "That is why you bursted in front of Wahi and Ravi...."

He stayed quiet because she was right.

"Karan you will never hurt me....you can hurt nobody....you are too sweet to hurt someone intentionally...." She said squeezing his palm.

"I know Wahi told you about the conversation me and him had....your phone was with me...." He said slowly.

She surely was taken aback but composed herself quickly.

"Yes he did....i don't need to hide it from you....he did it as a friend to you...." She said looking at him but he kept looking down.

"Kundrri look at me...." She said softly.

He looked at her.

"You will never hurt me....you cannot become a good person just by believing that you are bad....because you are not a bad person....you will never hurt me...." She caressed his cheeks and then moved her hand back. "I know why you were asking about my parents in the morning....they will never judge you...."

He gulped immediately.

"My history...." Before he could complete she cut him off.

"We do not judge people by their history....we judge people by the way they treat us at present...." She said softly. "We judge people by their eyes....your eyes are very transparent....have you ever wondered how i understand you?because your eyes gives away...."

He looked away immediately.

"Even if you look away....you won't be able to hide it...." She chuckled. "Have faith in destiny....you will surely get someone who will make all your insecurities about yourself go away...."

And he looked at her immediately.

"Good night....sleep well...." She said softly.

He made her lay down and covered her with the blanket.

"Should i keep the lights on?" He asked softly.

She shook her head.

He turned the light off.

"If you feel sick you will call me...." He said it as a statement.

She nodded softly and he went out of the room by locking the door behind him.