Part-14

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan kept walking aimlessly through the streets. He was feeling as if he was the most stupid person on earth.

How did i let her do this to myself?The Karan Kundrra is roaming around aimlessly just because a girl is affecting him to this extent?

He had no idea how much time had passed but it was easily an hour or more. He found himself standing on the pavement. If he crossed the road he would reach a beach.

He closed his eyes taking in the sea breeze across the road and walked to the beach. He bought a beer for himself and sat on the sand.

What has this girl done to you?you really think she deserves the care after what she did?but what exactly did she do?why would she tell him about her equation with others?what was bothering him exactly?that she hid it from him or the fact that she was with someone else in his arms.

He closed his eyes in an attempt to wipe out the memory of seeing her on his arms.

Why the hell did it bother him?what was that what he saw in her eyes?she was not like how she was with everyone when she was with him. The way she would look at him , her eyes had something. He had seen it in the cafe. Was it all a lie? He had subconsciously started to look for her. Because she got him. He felt like home. Just like Ravi had pointed out. He would want to be close to her because he felt sane and understood. As if she was protecting his emotions and vulnerability.

He pulled his hair in frustration as he finished his beer. How he wished she was here with him now. She would have sorted him out.

What the hell are you thinking?you want her here at this moment to sort you out?out of what?the mess that she herself got you into? He thought and in a moment his anger spur up.

He got up and dusted his pants.

You know what?screw her. For all that he cared.

*****

Teja had gone back to the room and freshened up but her heart kept telling her something was wrong.

Everyone had come up and taken their seats when Rithvik told everyone that Karan would not be coming. He had gone for shopping.

Although it was a pretty normal thing to do , her heart kept telling her something was not right.

She sat on the bed restlessly and checked the time. It had been a couple of hours that they had checked into the hotel.

He must be there by now. She thought to himself and went out of her room. She was locking her room when she saw him come from the loft lobby. And girl she was correct. He didn't have a single shopping bag.

"Kundrri...." She called out to him loudly.

He didn't react and swiped the card to unlock his room.

"Where were you?" She frowned and stood beside him. He went in and was about to shut the door when she gave the door a slight push and went in as well.

He could have easily pushed the door shut and she didn't have the strength to stop him but something didn't allow him to.

"Karan what's wrong?" She closed the door slowly and asked in a low voice.

His face was blank. Something was surely wrong.

"Karan...." She nudged his shoulder a little and he jerked back.

"Don't just don't...." He shouted at her.

She widened her eyes and was taken aback.

"Karan what happened babah?" She asked urgently.

"Nothing....just get out from my room...." He gritted his teeth and breathed heavily.

"Okay i will you just...." She moved ahead to hold his shoulder but he moved back.

"I said don't....i don't want your freaking sympathy do you get that?" He shouted angrily.

"Sympathy?" She muttered under her breath being totally confused.

"The last thing i thought you would do is make a fool out of myself...." He chuckled bitterly.

"Fool?you?Karan what are you even saying?" She shouted in confusion.

"I know it is your freaking personal matter but you could have given a hint atleast...." He said sarcastically. "Then i wouldn't have done what i did in the morning....i wouldn't have asked him to move away from you to apply the ice pack myself...." He shouted the last part.

And then it struck her. He was talking about her with Wahi again. Again.

"Karan how many times will i tell you there is nothing between us...." She sad calmly.

"I saw you in the bus....in each other's arms....kissing...." He said looking into her eyes.

Kissing?hain? She at first thought he had gone mad but later remembered their interaction and realised he meant kiss on the hair.

"Karan one second you need to listen to me first...." She said calmly.

"No i don't need to....i am not your boyfriend that you will explain it to me....my only concern is whatever happened in the morning....i bloody hell went out of rights by asking him to move away and he did it also....what he must thinking?" He said angrily trying to justify the reason of his anger more to himself rather than to her.

She was about to say something but he didn't let her say.

"You think you matter to me?absolutely not....you do not....there are hundreds of girls like you i meet every month every day for work....this is work....this is a work trip....so you....do not matter....just because i sat in the cafe and had coffee with you doesn't mean that you can play me around....i don't care okay?there are thousands of girls with whom i will do the same out of courtesy...." He said bitterly.

Yes they know me. But everyone cannot be my friend right?Friends are supposed to trust you and be non judgmental. She kept remembering what he had told her in the cafe.

He says things which are not even asked or pointed out to him when his self defense kicks in. To protect himself. Calm down Teja. Calm down.

She never told him that he cared for her or she mattered to him. So why would he justify it?unless he is protecting his emotions and the truth subconsciously.

She looked at him. He was sweating even in the AC and was breathing heavily. From all the shouts and screams.

She went near him and held his hand. He looked at her surprised.

"Take some rest....whenever you are calm and if you want to talk , I am there....message kar dena watsapp pe...." She said with a small smile and went out of the room , closing the door behind herself.

He looked the the door close and closed his eyes. His breathing had gone shallow.

What is this girl?After whatever I told her this is what she has to say? He felt angry at himself with the thought.

He picked up the glass of water from the centre table and threw it on the floor breaking it into pieces.