Part-44

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Wahi dragged her to her room and she sobbed her heart out.

"Karan ask him not to do this....he went....he left me...." She clutched his collar and cried.

"Shh....calm down....he won't go anywhere....we have an early morning flight to catch to Pisa....teja you know him....he will be fine by tomorrow...." Wahi kissed her hair and patted the back of her head.

"No you don't know....i didn't see anger in him....i saw him giving up....i saw....i saw...." She struggled for breath.

"Teja....please....please chup hojaa....mai hoon nuh?you trust me right?" He cupped her face and made her lay down on the bed and covered her with the blanket. "Now you will sleep...." He sat beside her and kept patting her head till she slept out of exhaustion. He kept the light on and left the room.

*****

"Kundrra darwaza khol yeh kya bachpana hai?" Ritwik shouted from outside his door.

"Leave me alone please bhai....i beg off you...." Came karan's faint voice from inside the room.

"Karan please bhai....please...." He rang the bell again.

"Ritwik i will be fine....let me be please...." He said in his choked voice.

By that time wahi had come out of Teja's room.

"Kundrra you have just one night to yourself....kal se we are not leaving you...." Wahi said firmly before dragging Ritwik away from there.

He knew that Karan needed time alone.

*****

Teja boarded the bus and saw him sitting on a single seat , his face covered with his cap.

She went to him quickly. Her eyes were puffed.

"Sunny...." She whispered keeping her hand on his shoulder.

"Teja please....do not irritate me...." He shouted at her taking her aback and everyone in the bus looked at them shocked. "Stay away from me...." He said angrily and kept the cap back on his face.

He closed his eyes under the cap trying to control his tears.

Teja staggered a few steps back and looked at Wahi blankly. He quickly came forward and held her shoulder and made her sit beside him.

"Shh....rote nahi bacchhaa...." He wiped her tears and made her drink some water.

She looked out of the bus blankly as they reached the airport.

They took their flight to Pisa.

The next few days passed in a jiffy through Pisa , Venice and Rome.

They had not spoken a word after what had happened in the bus. And not only Teja , most of the cast had ignored Karan after the way he had behaved with Teja. Only if they knew the storm that he had caused in his heart by hurting Teja.

They were sitting in the Fiumicino airport to catch their flight back to Mumbai.

Karan sat in the waiting area away from everyone sipping his tea and Teja kept staring at him.

"You want to talk to him?" Wahi asked softly.

She shook her head.

"What had happened that night?" He asked slowly for the first time in days.

"He said he loves me...." She said blankly.

"Hain?then?" Wahi frowned in confusion.

"He left...." She gulped and wiped her tears frantically.

Wahi opened his mouth to say something but couldn't gather the courage.

"He left me alone....broken....devastated....because of how he thinks....he thinks whatever he feels is correct....whatever he thinks is correct....suddenly because of that one night he built his walls back...." She whispered still looking at him.

"He will come back...." Wahi said patting her hair.

"He won't....i know him too well....i know he will never come back...." She whispered and their gate opened.

They boarded the flight and reached mumbai.

They collected their luggages and went out of the airport.

She closed her eyes as their conversation kept ringing in her head.

"If the somebody is the correct one she or he will never leave....it will be a forever?" She had smiled widely.

"How long is a forever?sometimes just one second?read alice in wonderland as a kid?" He had asked chuckling.

"A forever is always a little beyond what you think it is to be...." She had said looking into his eyes.

She could feel her cheeks getting wet and immediately wiped her tears away.

She dragged her trolley out and saw him calling someone. She couldn't control the urge to walk upto him.

"Karan...." She whispered softly from behind him.

He closed his eyes and gulped. He was dreading this moment. Her voice. Her face. He had no idea how he would be staying without her.

He schooled his expressions and turned to look at her.

"Yes?" He asked formally.

"How long is a forever?" She asked gulping her saliva.

Karan could feel his heartbeat slowly going up. He gulped the lump in his throat put the phone back into his pocket.

"Sometime just one second...." He said looking straight into her eyes and turned and walked away.

He sat in his car and she sat in hers. Circle of life. What started at the same place would have to end at the same place. Karan knew a few years ago he was exactly like how Teja was. And now he knows Teja will also be like the present him.

But there was no denying the fact that their forever was a little beyond what they had initially imagined it to be.

NOTE : Thank you for all the love that you guys showered on the story. Always grateful.❤️