Part-12

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Mooh toh hai nuh?dusro se maang sakti hai nuh?Wahi se hi maang leti...." He made a face and started to walk with the umbrella tilted more towards her so that she didn't get wet while his shoulder was getting wet.

He justed wanted to listen her refuse it. He felt nice when she kept refusing everytime he linked her up with Wahi.

"Maanga tha....uske paas bhi nahi hai...." She said sarcastically and Karan glared at her.

"Brat...." He muttered un his breath.

"I heard you...." She glared at him and he tilted the umbrella more towards her.

"Coffee?" She asked happily pointing at a cafe.

He shook his head hopelessly and walked there. He was closing the umbrella before entering while she ran inside already.

He went inside and kept the wet umbrella in the side and saw her taking a seat by the side of the huge glass window.

He went and sat in front of her and leaned back comfortably. He ruffled his hair trying to wipe of the little bit of rain water that had fallen on him while closing the umbrella.

She smiled softly seeing him.

"What do you want to have?" He said while going through the manu.

"Spanish dessert and iced coffee...." She said happily.

"Spanish cafe mein Spanish dessert ji milta hai...." He gave her a look and gave her the menu card.

She ignored and read through the menu.

"Flan and churros...." She said happily.

He ordered flan and churros for both of them and iced coffee for her and tea for him.

"You stay alone?" She asked suddenly.

"Hmm....my family stays in States...." He said politely.

"My brother as well....where?" She said keeping her elbows on the table.

He told her about his family in the States and his hometown jalandhar. She was telling him about her family when their order arrived.

He sipped his tea and looked out of the window.

"So you are calm , quiet and peace loving right?non confrontational and you love to be by yourself....alone?" She asked softly.

He looked at her shocked.

"How do...." Before he could complete his sentence she cut him off.

"People who loves rain so much are like that...." She said with a smile.

He looked at her eyes for a couple of seconds and she had beautiful eyes. With a spark. Her eyes spread happiness and peace.

"Kind of....but i am a punjabi as well so yeah we can be loud sometimes...." He laughed.

"Keep laughing....it suits you...." She said with a wide smile.

His laughter died slowly into a soft chuckle and then into a small smile.

She quickly clicked a picture of both them to lighten the mood.

"Post karoon nuh?" She asked looking at him.

He nodded with a smile.

"Are you a workaholic?" She asked after posting it in her story and tagged him.

He chuckled.

"We all are....that's the only thing keeping us sane...." He said while having the flan.

"No...." She frowned. "I mean yes working is fun but it is not the only thing keeping us sane....our families and friends do that...."

"My family doesn't stay with me and i don't have many friends...." He said casually.

"What nonsense....everyone knows you....like literally everyone...." She said dramatically.

"Yes they know me....but everyone cannot be my friend right?friends are supposed to trust you and be non judgmental...." He said without looking at her.

She didn't say anything by realised that he had said a lot about himself in that one sentence without really meaning to say anything.

She finished her flan and pouted.

"You want another?" He asked seeing her pout.

"No....one more entire thing i cannot eat...." She said pouting.

He passed his plate of half eaten flan to her.

"I don't have a sweet tooth....if you don't have a problem then please...." He gestured at the plate.

She smiled softly and started eating. The sound of the rain filling the comfortable silence as they sat in the cafe and soaked into each other. Rain , cafe in Europe and them.

*****

They had to leave for Barcelona at about 5 in the morning. It was still dark and the sunrise would be about an hour later.

They got ready and went down to the hotel reception.

Teja was whining about having to wake up so early to Aneri as she came out of the lift and went to the reception to give the keys back. She kept the keys on the tray and was about to turn when the paper weight from the reception desk fell on her foot.

"Shit ouuuu...." She screamed in pain making everyone look at her immediately.

"Kya ho gaya?" Rithvik frowned and all of them went to her immediately.

"This stupid paper weight fell on my foot...." She pointed at the paper weight.

"Tune giraya apne paer pe....bichara paper weight ko blame karna bandh kar....paper weight hai husband nahi jo saara blame lega....chup chap baith...." Ravi rolled his eyes and made her sit on the couch.

"Guys tum log jaao bus mein baitho hum hai....we will bring her...." Rithvik told the other girls and they left one by one.

Nishant and Ravi went to help the girls with their hand luggages.

Rithvik came bringing an ice pack from the reception and gave it to Wahi gesturing him to press it on her foot and went aside to take a call from his parents.

Wahi knelt down in front of her and kept it on her foot.

"Kya karti reheti hai yaar tu...." He shook his head hopelessly. He had genuinely not noticed Karan standing there.

"Wahi....ummm...." Karan said awkwardly making both Wahi and Teja look up at him.

"Waise nahi....you have to press....so that....ummm....swell...." He fumbled with his words and then stopped. "De mai karta hoon...." He said in a single breath and licked his dry lips.

Wahi bit his cheeks to stop himself from laughing. He quickly stood up and and gave the ice pack to Karan and moved back.

Teja tried hard to control her blush. Her heart was thudding in her chest.

Karan knelt down in front of her and pressed the ice pack on her foot tightly.

"Shit...." She hissed in pain and clutched his jacket near his shoulder.

He looked at her immediately.

"Just a few minutes....or else it will swell...." He said restlessly and kept pressing it.

Wahi looked at her and gave a wide smile and she blushed and then glared at him.

He laughed silently and waved at her and slipped out of there silently taking Rithvik along with him who was still on phone.

"Shit shit Kundri it's hurting....ouuuuu...." She made embarassing noise and he kept pressing it and smiled shyly while looking down at her feet so that she cannot see him.

"Shit shit....kundrri aaaa...." He chuckled silently at her craziness.

"Stop laughing you idiot it's hurting...." She clutched his hair with her other hand.