Part-46

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan had noticed Teja very carefully throughout the press conference. She was nowhere similar to how she used to be.

He remembered the first press conference they did before leaving for Europe. How she had talked and talked and gave him a headache with her over excitement. And now she had sat there gracefully , answered everything confidently , without any over excitement , keeping everything extremely professional.

She has turned like how i am now. Atleast she will not let people walk over her. Atleast she is not the innocent girl who would lay down her world for the people around and get nothing in return.

"Tejasswi there has been report of you dating your costar of the current show you are a part of....do you want to say anything?" A report asked her and there was pin drop silence in the hall.

What?what the actual hell. Dating costar?simba?what nonsense. Abhi fategi yeh. Pakka.

He was sure Teja would get irritated and give it back because that was how he reacted to his stupid rumours. He looked at her and was shocked to see her smile.

"Rumours are a part and parcel of an actor's life and there is nothing we can do about it...." She chuckled confidently. "No....i am not dating him....nor am i dating anyone else....neither am i willing to date anyone...." She laughed it off.

"Why do you say that?not willing to date anyone?" Another reporter quickly caught her off guard.

"I would rather travel the world and be with my family....pyaar vyaar bas time waste hai...." She chuckled again. "Can we concentrate on this how please?"

Karan literally choked on air.

What the hell is she saying?yes i get it that she is changed but this much?what the hell. She doesn't believe in love anymore?she thinks it's time waste?

Karan's head had already started to hurt. He had no idea what was going on. First of all Teja had come and spoken to him and Ritwik as if nothing had happened. Then she has been behaving so mature and grown up throughout the conference. And now she is saying that she doesn't believe in love?

She didn't even flinch saying it when i am sitting right here. In the same hall.

He opened the seal of the water bottle kept in front of him and gulped down the entire bottle in one go. He just wanted to leave from there. His stomach had started to churn.

Karan didn't know how he had managed to sit through the entire duration of the conference and answered everything calmly. As soon as the conference was over he got up from his chair and went to the gents washroom.

He stood in front of the sink and splashed some water on his face not caring about the makeup.

What is wrong with her?i am not understanding her at all.

He took in a few breathes and went put and his makeup man fixed his makeup. They had to pose for the media and so he went and stood beside the boys not daring to go near her. He knew he was this close to having a meltdown.

After the pictures were clicked they were standing and chatting while the production team briefed them about the promotional details that would start from the next day.

A guy from the production team came with a tray of pastries.

Everyone picked up pastries from the tray but Teja shook her head and refused politely.

"What happened?take...." Wahi nudged her with his elbow.

"No yaar....sugar rush hoga...." She said casually and turned her attention back to the guy briefing them.

Wahi looked at Karan who was already looking at him in shock.

They both remembered how eating one cotton candy burrito had given them sugar rush while this girl had legit eaten three of those. And the same girl was saying that she will have a sugar rush after having one pastry?

This is it. This is too much now.

He gulped down the pastry with water because he didn't know what else to do. If his head was hurting a few moments back , it was spinning now.

He just wanted to leave from there.

After the discussion was done they went out to the parking.

"Kaha jayegi?" Wahi asked her as she walked in front of them.

Karan who was walking with Wahi looked at her carefully as she turned to look back at them.

"Shoot....fir studio for an ad shoot....then home...." She said casually.

"It's time for lunch....aren't you hungry?" Wahi asked her seriously.

"Yeah a bit....i have lunch packed....will have it in the car....running short of time...." She pouted. "Chal bye...." She waved at wahi and then turned at him.

He kept looking at her blankly.

"Bye...." She waved at Karan. Again as if nothing had happened. "See you tomorrow for promotions...." She said looking at both of them and went to her car.

"Yeh kya tha?" He looked at Wahi and asked in shock.

"She has changed....a bit...." Wahi said slowly.

"A bit?" Karan asked in shock.

"Kyun?that is what you wanted right?for her to be strong and mature....for her to take a stand for herself....for her to not let people take advantage of her....that is what she is doing....ab kya problem hai tereko?" He asked raising his brows.

"All those are fine but she has turned out to be more ajeeb wahi....have you listened to what she told the reporter?" Karan said restlessly.

"Yeah so?uss ka point of view hai....she thinks love is time waste....what can we do?" He said frowning.

"She was not like this...." Karan said in frustration.

"She has changed....when a person changes you cannot pick and choose what you want to change in her....she changed and that includes things which you wanted to change in her and also things you didn't want to change in her...." Wahi said seriously.