Part-17

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"You will....you still do....you just don't show it....you just don't let the person also see that you are doing something for them....and yet end up doing it...." She said softly.

"No i don't...." He said immediately.

"You do....i will repeat it till you believe it again...." She smiled softly.

He looked away from her avoiding her piercing gaze.

She smiled seeing him do that and looked at the water.

"Those people for whom i practically did everything....actually trusted some other people over me....be it trusting my ex or some media speculations or articles...." He chuckled breaking the silence.

"And so now you convince yourself that you do not do anything for anyone so that just in case they hurt you , you can convince yourself easily that it doesn't matter and brush it away...." She said looking at him.

"Hmm...." He hummed agreeing to her.

She was a little bit taken aback. She didn't expect him to give in and agree.

"So just do your work....earn money....spoil yourself....indulge in luxury and do not let anyone get to you...." He said with a smile.

"That's not how life works...." She said immediately.

"I used to think the same when i was of your age...." He chuckled. "That is why i was telling you not to be so giving....forgiving....people will walk over you....do not let anyone take advantage of your goodness....not even me...."

"How will life make sense then?" She asked softly.

"Huh what?" He asked immediately thinking her answer was for his last sentence.

"How will life make sense if you do not let people get to you?you have to give your everything to atleast somebody....somebody who you will come back to every day....somebody who you will seek when you feel you are at the dead end?" She asked softly.

"And that somebody will leave someday accusing you of something you never did?" He asked sarcastically.

"No....if the somebody is the correct one she or he will never leave....it will be a forever?" She smiled widely.

"How long is a forever?sometimes just one second?read alice in wonderland as a kid?" He asked chuckling.

"A forever is always a little beyond what you think it is to be...." She said looking into his eyes.

He gulped his saliva and soaked in what she said. His walls were breaking and he could hear the sound of it.

"Let's go?" She asked softly.

"Where?" He asked in a trance.

"Room?it's late...." She said with a smile.

He came out of the trance and got up and she got up as well.

They went to their floor and stood in front of her room which came first.

"Good night...." He said licking his lips.

"Good night...." She hugged him taking him by surprise. He was contemplating whether he should hug her or not like he did to everyone else.

He smiled softly and hugged her back before she went to her room and waved at him before closing the door.

*****

The next day they had less work. They had to shoot for a fun segment in the lawn of the hotel and then attend a cruise party for their shoot which would be happening throughout the night.

They shot for the segment and spent the day lazily playing some outdoor games and took a nap because they would be staying awake throughout the night.

They started to get ready late afternoon.

Karan came out after getting ready and stood at the entrance. He fidgeted with his phone and bit and then turned to check whether the others were coming or not.

And there she was. Walking out of the lift in a silver and blue gown and hair left open. She was busy talking on phone with someone. He blinked twice and had to consciously close his parted mouth.

She looked like a dream. Although the attire was not too much but it was correct amount of shimmer and bling.

She came near him. Her classy outfit and the way she animatedly spoke on phone didn't match at all.

"Okay papa take care....bye...." She said happily and disconnected the call.

"Yeh pakar...." She said shoving the phone in his hand startling him. "Kitna jhama bhaiya...." She muttered and sat on the couch at the reception and started to tighten the buckle of her stiletto.

He kept staring at her not caring what she was saying.

She kept blabbering something and on getting no response looked at him.

"Oh wahi ka matchmaker where are you lost?" She asked frowning bringing him out of the trance and make him roll his eyes.

"Fix your earrings....left ear....it is upside down...." He said pointing at her studs.

She made a guilty face and quickly fixed it.

"Thanks yaa kundrri....you look good....kya baat hai...." She said smiling widely. He had a black trouser and white shirt and black funky blazer.

"Tell me something i don't know...." He said casually.

"Tera kya hai nuh?tujhe bada woh hai ki mai hoon Karan Kundrra...." She said imitating how he talks and got up and wrapped her hands around his elbow and started to walk not bothering to take her phone back from him. "Mai bohut handsome hoon....mai toh best hoon....sacchhi bol tu apne picture dekhke bolta hoga nuh yaar yeh kitna handsome hoon mai....yaa mirror mein dekh ke?"

"Kabhi kabhi...." He said honestly.

"See i knew it...." She said excitedly.

"Aur yeh phone mai lein loon?" He asked gesturing at her phone in his hand.

"Kundrri keep it in your pocket nuh....see i don't have pockets...." She said with a pout. "You guys are so lucky....you always get to wear clothes with pockets....we girls don't have that luxury...."

"Tu bhi aa jaati choti chaddi pehenke jaise raat ko sote time pehenti hai...." He shrugged.

"Shut up...." She hit his shoulder making him chuckle.