Part-10

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Is it about Teja?" Ravi asked looking at his face carefully.

Karan looked at him shocked and gulped his saliva. Every cell of his body was freaking out. If Ravi could guess was it too evident? Evident? What evident?there was nothing to be evident. The alcohol in his system didn't help him think straight.

"No....no....why would you ask that?" He asked after a couple of seconds of silence.

"Randomly....you behave....ummm how to put it...." Ravi thought to find a correct word. "Differently with her....so i just thought may be you are just getting attracted and trying to stay away to keep your feelings in check...."

And that hit him like a splash of cold water. He knew Ravi was right. But was he ready to admit it?to himself or to Ravi?

"Absolutely not...." He said immediately and Ravi smiled knowingly. He knew Karan would refuse.

"Then?what is it?" He asked with a smile. "Let it out....you will feel lighter and don't worry this will stay between us...."

Karan finished his fourth drink and made himself the fifth one.

"She is affecting me...." He whispered looking at the floor.

"How?attraction?" Ravi asked in an understanding and comfortable tone.

"There are certain things she says and you won't believe it Ravi I get flashes from my life where I have said the exact same freaking thing to my friends...." He said looking at him. "Situations make us changed right?i didn't want to change but life happened....this industry got to me and...." He rubbed his palm on his face restlessly. "She makes me uncomfortable....as if the universe is taunting me....as if the universe is making me meet someone who....who is just here to make me realise what part of myself i had lost....she in a very scary way gets me....understands me....i have not shared anything with her but she reads through me...."

Ravi took in what he said and smiled softly.

"I felt the same when I met Sargun...." He said with a soft smile.

Karan looked at him immediately.

"Universe is not taunting you....universe is making you feel at home....trust me i felt the same when I met Sargun....she was everything i wanted to be but knowing myself i knew i never could be...." He smiled widely thinking about his past.

"No Ravi...." Karan's defense kicked in. "It is not like that....bro code bhi toh kuch hota hai...."

"She is dating someone?" Ravi asked and his face changed into worry.

"I don't know if they are dating or not but they would in future...." He said with a smile and finished his drink.

"Who?" Ravi asked keeping the bottle of scotch away so that he couldn't make any more drink. He had drank all the pegs quite fast and was fairly tipsy.

"Wahi and her...." He muttered with a chuckle. "Sorry i know he is your best friend...."

"Exactly....he is not into her....are you mad or what?" Ravi laughed heartily making Karan look at him.

"Then may be only she has feelings for him...." Karan shrugged.

"Even you know that is not true....you are just convincing yourself with this made up story in your head so that you can run away from your feelings by giving the excuse of bro code...." Ravi said looking at him.