Part-33

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

They reached their hotel in Marseille and quickly freshened up. It was around 8:30 at night when Karan rang the bell of her room.

She knew it was him. They had planned to go out clubbing. Just the two of them.

She opened the door and he came inside.

"You have to wait for 5 minutes....i am not done...." She said standing in front of the mirror and started to comb her hair to make a high pony.

He frowned immediately and walked over to her. He stood behind her and hugged her from behind and kept his chin on her shoulder.

"What happened?" She smiled softly and looked at him through the mirror. She was a little bit taken aback because for the first time he had initiated something intimate without even a bit of hesitation. Or else he would always think or hesitate before making a move.

"Keep it open...." He said pointing at her hair.

"Why?" She frowned.

"I listened to you and trimmed by beard....now you have to listen to me...." He frowned like a kid.

"Fine i will but why though?" She asked controlling her chuckle.

"I like your hair opened...." He stood straight and sat on the bed. "Fast yaar...." He whined.

"Done done...." She put a little bit of tint on her cheeks and some gloss on her lips and wore her jacket quickly.

He pushed her from behind by her shoulder and took the keys and they went out.

They went to a night club which was at a 5 minutes walking distance.

"I know you think you cannot dance....but today you have to...." She screamed in his ear over the loud music after having a couple of shots.

He laughed as she pulled him in the middle of the crowd and they danced their hearts out as if nobody was watching them.

They went back to the bar and had their drinks and clicked selfies.

"Should i post?nooooo let me keep it with myself...." She said hugging the phone. By the time she was quite sloshed.

Karan shook his head hopelessly. He himself was quite tipsy but better than Teja since he knew he had to take her back.

"Chal ab...." He held her elbow and pulled her.

"Noooo...." She shook her head vigorously.

"Laddoo let's go now...." He said sternly.

"I want to have fun....don't behave like a teacher here...." She pouted and made a crying face.

"We will have fun in the hotel....but now we have to go...." He held her properly as she had started to sway.

"Promise?" She asked like a cute kid and he nodded softly.

They walked back to the hotel. She kept running here and there while walking on the pavement and he kept pulling her back to himself.

They reached his room and went inside.

"You promised more fun...." She said as he closed the door.

"What do you want to do?" He asked softly.

"Beer and dance...." She clapped happily.

"Fine...." He ordered their beer and went to the washroom. Their order came in some minutes.

He took the order and played some music on his phone.

He opened two bottles and they had it quickly.

"Come...." He pulled her hand bringing her closer to him and she kept her hand on his shoulder.

They swayed softly to the music.

Karan held her waist tightly and rubbed his stubble across her cheek. She closed her eyes and tilted her head.

"You smell so good...." He whispered huskily. "Vanilla....my favourite fragrance...."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and caressed the back of his neck softly.

He groaned softly and moved back and opened another bottle of beer and had it in about 5 minutes.

She came and hugged him from behind.

He blinked a few times and turned towards her.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked softly.

"Hmm...." She kept her head along his chest.

He cleaned his bed somehow and made her lay down and laid down beside her. Before he could pull two separate blankets , she moved closer to him and laid down close to him under his blanket.

"What did you mean when you said love is not the only pain we get or the only relief that we seek?" He asked softly.

"There are other pains....we just over exaggerate the pain we get in love....and we think we can only overcome our pain with love in our life....that's also not true....love is just something that makes our already stable life more stable....we cannot burden love with the job of making us stable....it should be free from every shackle....like a free bird....with nothing shackling it back...." She whispered.

"I am not messing with you...." He said looking at her.

"I know...." She caressed his cheeks.

"I know i am messed up....complex....not so transparent like you are....i have a war raging in myself and around me....most of it is self induced....and you are the only thing tender in this war....the only tenderness in this battle is you....but i swear i am not messing with you...." He said looking into her eyes.

She stared at him quietly taking the emotions from his eyes. He laid on his back and looked at the ceiling.

She moved closer and kept her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her.

"I won't break your heart because that will be the end of me....trust me...." He whispered softly and closed his eyes.

"I trust you...." She said firmly.

"Nahi thakunga...." He said softly.

"Kya?" She frowned a little but with a smile on her face.

"Tu tera sar mere chest pe rakh ke soyegi toh nahi thakunga...." He said kissing her hair.