message-bonus chapter-announcement

Carlyn and Jordan finally found their happy-ever-after! It was such a wondrous journey and I thank you for riding along and sticking with them until the end.

If you've read the whole story and even read the first part of the series, you may have noticed how some characters were not really what they seem when you first get to meet them. As the story progressed and you get to peek at what they were really thinking, you realized how misunderstood they actually were. Much like so in real life, we tend to assume the worst in people until we walked in their shoes. 

Each has their own struggles that shaped their values and thinking and learning about them helps us to fully comprehend why people do what they do. I hope the story helped you realize that we cannot judge a person without knowing what he/she is going through.

~Also, wanna call out the readers who do not take anxiety and depression seriously and brushed them off as merely pag-iinarte. Just because you're not experiencing it doesn't mean others don't. Depression does not discriminate and may affect anyone. Let's be more considerate and not undermine other people's bout with depression. Let's end the stigma on mental illness and strive to learn more about it.

And for those experiencing it, please know that you've done nothing wrong, and I know it wasn't your choice to feel this way. You are not flawed. You may be having a difficult time right now, but let's hold on to the belief that things will get better. You are not alone.

Charles' passing devastated a lot of readers and I would like to apologize that it did so. Charles' character was inspired by someone I know, and I really wanted to keep him alive. I do, however, stand by my decision as I hope it will serve as a wake-up call to everyone for them to stop taking their friends and loved ones for granted. People with depression usually put walls around them to hide their suffering and protect themselves, just like Charles. He isolated himself and never reached out to anyone for help. It's not his family's fault, but it's just sad that they were unaware of his pain until the end.

For our girl Carlyn, I am proud of how things ended for her – she soldiered on and made it through. Many of you can relate to her, and there are others like her in this world – ones whose weak inner child hides behind a mask of strength. Some are getting better, but some are starting to lose their path. I do hope they eventually bounce back to the right one. I pray that all of you find your happiness in life just like Carlyn.

I also hope you find your own Jordan, too. He might be fictional, but I made him realistic. He appeared to be perfect, but he did have some flaws. Like any other human, he could also make mistakes, like when he was a teenager and could not properly handle his feelings. Upon realizing his mistakes, though, he admitted them and took responsibility. He was somewhat soft to the people he loved, but he could be strong to protect them.

Jordan is also a reminder that you don't have to settle for less. You deserve someone who will love you for who you are, someone who will treat you like you're the best gift he ever had, someone who will not give up on you even when you're at your worst...but of course, that doesn't mean you have to be too complacent. Strive to be a better person and do your best to be someone deserving of him.

But not everyone can find someone a Jordan of this level... yet. Do not fret. Maybe your Jordan is still a work-in-progress, or it is you who still need some growing to do.

So, this is the end then, huh?

...Or not?

I am pleased to announce that there will be a bonus chapter coming soon. The exciting part is you can help me write it!

If you have free time on June 28, this coming Tuesday, at 9:00 PMs, please join me as I go live on Kumu for a "WRITE WITH ME SESSION". During the live session, you can comment on what you want to see in the Bonus Chapter. I'll tell you a bit about the other South Boys so there might be some spoilers. ^^

Download Kumu if you haven't done so yet. I'll be going live on WattpadPH Kumu. You may also follow me on my Kumu account: jamillefumah. I hope to see you there and talk to you soon!

'We are all a work-in-progress. We are all flawed. We can all be better. For all of us, it is not yet too late.' -JF