4| When You Guys Get Closer - Mikey

//Mikey//

"All right, you all have your assignments, let's make this quick." Raph and Donnie shot off, leaping across roofs into the night's embrace. "Mikey?" Leo called. "Did you hear what I said?"

"Huh? Sorry dude, I was distracted," Mikey responded, still not fully paying attention. His focus was captured by a distant shining light to his left.

Leo sighed and grabbed his shoulder, turning him away from the light. "I go north, Donnie goes south, Raph goes west, and you go east," Leo told him. "We're trying patrol differently tonight." Mikey nodded. "Go on." Leo nodded east. In the direction of the light.

Mikey leapt off the roof, skating through the streets and over the buildings, gaze fixed on the flickering before him. It seemed to call for him, like it had something it wanted to tell him.

Eventually he found himself in the park. The one just a couple blocks down from Y/n's apartment. He looked toward the street, trying to make out her window from his perched position in a tree. A blaze flew over his eyes and he squeezed them shut. When it passed he opened them and looked around. He climbed higher in the tree, peering over the light green leaves.

Upon reaching the top he saw a boy and a girl, over by one of the fountains. They danced in the light of a phone camera. Their swaying bodies whirled in and out of the light, making it flicker. Mikey could hear their soft laughter as they enjoyed each other's company. He yearned for that kind of attention. He wanted that kind of relationship. He wanted to be that happy and free in someone else's presence.

He craned his neck back over to Y/n's apartment window. He wondered if he should stop by. He felt like being around her. He sighed, looking back to the two dancers. They rocked and dipped and turned and twirled each other, laughing all the way. They kissed and held each other, they slow-danced and they swayed. Mikey bit his lip and looked back to Y/n's apartment once more.

He looked back to the dancers one more time before abandoning the tree. Over buildings and across streets he leapt silently through the dimly lit lights until he landed on Y/n's fire escape.

He stood there for a minute, contemplating whether or not he should knock. It was late, he didn't want to disturb her. But he so wanted to be with her.

So he knocked.

"Mikey?" Y/n said as she lifted the window. She stepped out onto the fire escape with him. "What're you doing here?" she asked sleepily as she leaned back against the sill.

"I know this is kinda weird," he started, "but I just felt like being around you."

Y/n smiled softly. Her eyes squinted a little as her cheeks rose. "At almost one in the morning?" She laughed a little.

"Yeah." Mikey scratched the back of his head. "Maybe not my best idea," he admitted. "But I was just really feeling like seeing you and I was close by, so..."

"Why were you really feeling like seeing me?"

"Oh y'know, something just reminded me of you."

"What?"

Mikey breathed, hopping up onto the railing of the fire escape. "I saw these two people dancing in the park." Y/n didn't speak. "They seemed to be having so much fun with each other, and I thought..." He paused, not knowing if he should go on. "Well I always feel great around you."

Y/n grabbed Mikey's arm and tugged him off the rail as she stood. She roped her arms around his shell and pulled him into her. Mikey hugged her back, and they both just stood there. After a minute Y/n said, "Hold on a second," and climbed back through her window. A sweet, slow song Mikey couldn't recognize started playing from her room and traveled through the window.

~"Sunsets, we wander through a foreign town"~

She climbed back out and resumed her position with her arms around Mikey.

~"Strangely, there's nobody else around"~

The song's melody rocked them back and forth as they moved in a small circle. They held each other loosely, but their bond was tight. Mikey never wanted to let her go.

~"Sunsets, I wanna hear your voice"~

Mikey pulled her closer to him. She leaned her head in the crick of his neck.

~"A love that nobody could destroy"~

As they silently rocked through the rest of the song Mikey knew then, more than ever, that this was the girl of his dreams.

~"And when you go away, I still see you"~

He squeezed her tight.

~"With sunlight on your face in my rear-view"~

As the song faded out they parted and looked into each other's eyes. Her skin grazed Mikey's as her arms unwrapped and moved back down to her sides. He missed her touch instantly.

"How about that?" she asked. "How did that feel?"

He moved back to sitting on the railing, this time facing the street. "Great," he said, not looking at her. If he looked at her he'd kiss her.

She traced her hand down his arm again. "I'm so glad." She paused for a minute and pressed a small kiss to his cheek. His eyes closed. "Goodnight, Mikey." She slipped back into her room, leaving Mikey sitting there with just the unforgettable memory.

A/N: (In case you're wondering, the song is "Sunsetz" by Cigarettes After Sex). Thank you all so, so much for over 900 reads, this amazing and I am so grateful. I really hope you're having a great day/night :)