5| When You Fall For Him - Raph

"Scoot over, loser," Raph said as he climbed in through your window. You only groaned in response. He sighed as he sat on the edge of your bed beside your pillow. "Feeling that bad, huh?" he asked. You groaned again, this time your voice cracking in weakness. "Ohh," he said, sliding you over and climbing underneath the covers. He faced your back. "So I guess no training today then?"

"Absolutely not." Your voice was raspy.

"That's not the Y/n I know!" Raph teased.

"The Y/n you know, will throw up if she has to dodge a punch," you deadpanned. "Now leave me alone, I'm too sick to be conscious."

Raph laughed. "That's why I'm here, dummy." You hummed exasperatedly. "Well I mean if you can't train you must be in pretty bad shape."

"No shit."

Raph ignored you. "I'd be a bad teacher if I didn't take care of my students when they fell ill," he rationalized.

You scoffed at him, but it just made you start coughing. He patted your back. "You missed me." He didn't say anything. You rolled over, with great effort, and tried to smirk at him through cracked lips.

"Some, maybe," he conceded, looking into your eyes.

You turned your head. "Well, since you're here, could you do some things for me?"

He rolled his eyes. "That is why I came." He raised an eyebrow.

Your eyes narrowed. "Ok." His eyebrows furrowed. "Could you get me some tea and cough syrup, please?"

He began getting up but stopped short of removing the covers. "Uh-."

"No one's home," you confirmed.

He hummed in response as he rose from the bed, slipping out from under the blanket. He leaned down and slipped the sheets back beneath your sides gently before moving away.

Beneath them, you smiled to yourself as you watched him walk out of your room, leaving the door cracked behind him.

A moment later he nudged it open again, stepping softly over with your tea. He set the mug on your bedside table and handed you the cough syrup directly.

"Here," he said, sliding his hands beneath your arms, pulling you up.

"Ugh, why?" you complained.

"Well you can't drink it lying down."

He sat on your bed again. Taking the cough syrup from your hand, he examined the bottle and poured the needed amount in the clear cup. "Grape. Yum," he said sardonically. He handed it to you. You looked at it hesitantly. "Drink up." He grinned.

There was silence as you looked at the small cup and downed it. Exhaling loudly as you pulled the cloudy cup from your mouth, you let your eyes close as you leaned back against the headboard. Your hair fell in pieces around your head and over your face, unraveling the loose ball of hair that was once a bun. You couldn't breathe through your nose so your mouth hung open out of necessity. Your body felt overused and weak. Your arms laid just about limp at your sides and your legs ached with use you hadn't performed.

You looked terrible, and felt extremely gross. To be completely honest, you hadn't showered in several days and had been laying around in the same pajamas just as long. Aches plagued your stomach and head, and shivers ran rampant across your body. And just as your body thought it was cold and you'd huddle beneath the covers, hot flashes would appear out of nowhere, prompting the violent removal of blankets in desperate efforts to regulate your body temperature.

A humidifier grumbled from the corner, serving both its intended purpose while doubling as a white noise machine that was able to lull you to sleep despite the noise of New York that clamored outside. The room was kept dark, save the light of the day that peaked in behind the blackout curtains. The laundry at the foot of your bed was a crumpled pile that needed folding. And assorted dirty dishes littered all surfaces in the room but the floor.