6| When He Longs For You - Mikey

//Mikey//

12:04 AM

"Whoa, you're back late." Leo's eyes retreated from his game and followed Mikey as he moved tiredly through the turnstiles, past him, and around the far corner toward the bedrooms.

Mikey trudged towards his room, eyes heavy. He barely heard Leo as he passed him by, only catching glimpses of his other brothers' wide-eyed expressions.

The three brothers shared a look.

Upon reaching his room, Mikey flipped the lights off and pushed the door shut softly behind him, immediately allowing his aching body to collapse on his bed. He let out a soft groan as his head hit his pillow. Exhaustion shut his eyes, and his thoughts were instantly transported back to her.

He shouldn't. He knew it wouldn't go anywhere. But whenever he left his mind alone, it always found its way back to Y/n.

So, emotionally unguarded in his sleepy state of impressionability, his sentiment took the reins.

Golden images of Y/n against the sunset in the park.

Infectious giggling and holding hands steady in the skate park.

Trying exceedingly hard and still failing at sitting still so Y/n could paint him.

Hazy memories of soft voices and sweet words as she read her poetry.

Slow dancing on the fire escape.

Summer nights in glowing blue water. Warm arms around his neck. A firm wrap around her waist. Tension between chests, telling smiles, and unwavering eyes.

And what'd he'd been up to out that night.

E/c eyes. H/c hair.

Blowing wind. Rooftops. Night sky and stars.

"I wanna show you something..."

"Where?"

Running, jumping, laughing, and catching.

An abandoned water tower camouflaged by street art. Wandering eyes, curious inspection.

Guiding hands and a captivating view.

Silence cloaked by cricket chirps. Adjoined hips. Secret glances.

Mikey awoke in pitch black with a start, lunging forward, a startling involuntary breath claiming his throat. The night he'd come from melted to the back of his mind. He moaned, rubbing his eye and down his cheek in an aggressive semi-circular motion.

He sighed heavily, peeling himself off his bed. Once on his feet, he cracked his neck and stretched each of his arms around the opposite side of his body. He pulled the mask from around his eyes and hung it from his bedpost. Next, he slipped off his pads and tossed them on the floor, each of them making a muffled thud as they hit the rug over concrete. He then unwound his wrappings and laid them on his bed.

He stood still for a moment after his tasks were complete, a woeful sigh eventually knocking him to a seat next to the worn cloth. His lip quivered and he pulled it taut. His eyes felt wet. A soft sob escaped him. He caught his head in his hands as it fell. His knees turned in, bare feet on the floor.

He had to stop thinking about Y/n.

1:26 AM

Michelangelo had transitioned to the shower.

The mixture of sweat and dirt left by the night built a grime on his skin that he was averse to sleeping in.