Chapter 2

Veera just finished the hazing activities for the day and felt exhausted. So he decides to go home and rest. He bids goodbye to his friends, gets into his car and drives towards home. As he sat in his car, he switched on the music and a melodious voice of an unknown singer plays in the car. A smile appears on his face as he listens to the vocal.

Veera: Your voice is so sweet my love. I wish I could listen to your voice my entire life.

Yes, the voice belongs to Tanet Wang, Veera's crush. Tanet is the lead singer of their college band and they usually perform within and outside the campus. Veera always attended all his shows, even if it is a musical night at one of the local clubs. Every time he attended his show, he made sure to record it to hear it later. So, he literally have a collection of all the songs that Tanet sang. Soon he reaches his house. He turns off the music, collects his things and heads towards the main door.

As Veera enters the house, he is greeted by his sister who is helping their mother to set the table for dinner.

Waan: Hi P. You are late again.

Veera: Sorry, hazing activities went longer than usual.

Waan: Hmm. Go freshen up and come down for dinner.

Veera: Okay

Veera quickly goes upstairs to freshen up. He takes a quick bath and slips into his comfortable shorts and tshirt  He quickly runs downstairs for dinner as he didn't want to keep his parents waiting for him.

At the dinner table:

Veera's dad: How was your day Veera?

Veera: Hectic. Training the new headhazer, finishing my pending assignments and projects, It feels like I hardly have time to breath.

Veera's dad: Did you think about what I said the other day? Do you want to complete your post graduation abroad?

Veera: I...I haven't thought about it.

Veera's dad: It's a good opportunity for you son. You need to make a decision quickly as the seat will not be available forever.

Veera: Hmm, I will give you an answer in 2 days dad.

Veera's dad: Okay

Rest of the dinner continues in silence with occasional comments here and there. After dinner, Veera and Waan decides to take a walk in the nearby park.

In the park:

Veera and Waan are walking in silence, enjoying the calmness of the night.

Waan: P

Veera: Hmm

Waan: Are you confused about your decision because of him?

Veera: Huh

Waan: Your secret crush.

Veera: Oh!!! I.. I want to tell him about my feelings but..

Waan: P, you cannot keep going like this forever. You need to tell him someday to know what he feels about you.

Veera: I know. But what if he says yes after I agree to go to US for my studies? Will long distance relationship work?

Waan: Well, all these will be relevant only if you tell him about your feelings. You have two days before you need to tell dad your decision. Talk to him within these two days so that you can make a decision without any regrets.

Veera: I think you are right. I will talk to him tomorrow.

Waan: Good. I am sure he will say yes. No one can ever say no to my P. He is a catch.

Veera: WAAN

The siblings laugh out loud as they walk back to their house bickering.

Next day Veera was too busy to even go to the Business Management cafeteria to see Tanet. He was literally swamped with projects and other paper works. He spend the entire morning working on his project and then on training the new headhazer. Veera finally could take a breather at 5pm when all the tasks assigned to him are completed. He then leaves for his home making up his mind to talk to Tanet the next day.

Outside Veera's house:

Veera has been standing outside his house ringing the bell for the nth time. He is dead tired and just want to take a bath and rest. He is about to ring the bell once again when the door finally opens.

Veera: Waan, why did you take so long to open the door? I...

Veera stops mid sentence as his gaze fall on the person standing before him.

Veera: Tanet

Tanet: I am sorry. Waan is in the bathroom and I was not sure if I should open the door.

Veera: I ..

"Who is it PTanet?"

Waan suddenly appears behind Tanet.

Waan: Oh P, you are home. I was about to call you.

Veera: I..I had hazing activities.

Waan: Hmm. Well, I wanted you to meet PTanet. He is my senior and mentor. I guess you already know him.

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: Hi PVeera. It's nice to meet you again.

Waan: Do you know each other?

Tanet: He was the one who helped me during my first day in college. Also who doesn't know the fierce and handsome headhazer of Engineering department.

Veera looks at Tanet in shock as he is surprised by the way Tanet describes him. He literally turns red but composes himself quickly.

Veera: Well, you are popular too. Lead singer and college heartthrob. Who wouldn't know you?

Tanet: I will take that as a compliment coming from you.

Veera: What are you doing here at this time? Are you guys working on some project?

Waan: Actually...

Waan looks at Veera nervously.

Veera: What's wrong? Do you have a problem?

Waan: No. The thing is, PTanet has been courting me for last few weeks but I didn't give him an answer.  Today he proposed and today I said yes.

Veera: Oh!!!

Tanet: I wanted to take her out for dinner but she said I need to ask your permission. So, is it okay if I take her out for dinner?

Veera does not say anything and just looks at them with a blank expression. He can feel a lump forming in his throat but he swallows it and brings a smile on his face.

Veera: Ofcourse. If my sister agrees to go out with you, I am okay with it.

Tanet: Thank you PVeera.

Veera: Hmm

Waan hugs her brother tight and keeps saying thank you.

Veera: I think you need to leave now or else you will be late for dinner.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Please take care of her for me. She is the most precious person in my life.

Tanet: I promise, I will.

Veera: Thank you.

Tanet holds Waan's hand and walks towards his car after bidding goodbye to Veera. Tears start pouring down his eyes as he watch them walk away from there holding hands.

Veera dashes insides, runs upstairs to his room and closes the door behind him. He slumps down against the door as tears flow down his eyes continously.

Veera: I have lost him. I have lost my first love. I....

Veera sobs uncontrollably as he felt his heart breaking into million pieces.