Chapter 11

Veera stands with his back against the closed door. He keeps his hand on his chest and feels his heart beating like crazy.

Veera: Shit Veera, you need to control your emotions. This is a marriage of convenience and he is your husband for namesake only. You need to keep your emotions in check before you embarrass yourself before him.

He looks at his junior and knocks his head on the door in frustration. He decides to take a cold shower to calm down. He stands under the cold shower for a long time until he hears a knock on the door.

"PVeera"

Veera: Huh, I...I am coming.

Veera quickly turns off the shower and dries himself off with the towel. He then wears his shorts and walks out of the bathroom. When he comes out, he does not find Tanet in the room. He looks around and see that the door to the balcony is open. He goes to the balcony and finds Tanet standing there looking outside.

"Are you uncomfortable being with me?"

Veera is startled by Tanet's sudden question.

Veera: I...

Tanet: If you are uncomfortable staying in the same room with me, I can go to the guest room.

Veera: NO

Tanet is surprised by Veera's loud voice.

Veera: I mean, I am okay sharing the room with you.

Tanet: Then, why did you avoid me just now?

Veera: I was not avoiding you. I was just preoccupied with something else. I am sorry if you felt like that.

Tanet: P, I know we are in this relationship due to our circumstances but I would like it if we can be friends. Are you okay with that?

Veera: Yes, I would like to be friends with you.

Tanet looks at Veera and smiles.

Veera: I think we need to call it a day as it's been a long day. Let's get some sleep. We need to move all our things to the condo tomorrow.

Tanet: Hmm.

They both enter the room and close the balcony door behind them.

Veera: Which side you prefer, left or right?

Tanet: Huh...left.

Veera: Then I will take the right.

They both go to the respective sides of the bed and lay down. Veera turns off the lights and close his eyes.

Tanet: P..

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: I...Can you...

Veera could sense nervousness in Tanet's voice.

Veera: Are you afraid of darkness Tanet?

Tanet: Ye...Yes

Veera: I will turn on the lights right away.

Tanet: No, it's okay. Can you just hold my hand till I fall asleep?

Veera remains silent for a few seconds.

Tanet: It's okay if you are..

Tanet suddenly feels Veera moving closer to him. He then takes his hand in his hand and rubs his thumb on Tanet's hand in a circular motion.

Veera: Sleep

Tanet closes his eyes and soon drifts into deep sleep. Veera felt Tanet's breath shallow down and finally fall into a soothing rhythm as he falls into deep sleep. He tries to remove his hand but Tanet tightens the hold. So Veera just leaves it like that and closes his eyes. Soon he also fall into deep sleep.