Chapter 17

Monday morning:

It's been a week since Veera and Tanet got married. Their one week vacation is over and they need to get back to work today. Veera is the first one to wake up. He looks at Tanet who is sleeping like a kid with his mouth open and body wrapped around him like a koala. A smile appears on Veera's face on seeing his cute husband. He gently moves Tanet away from him and goes to take bath.

Veera comes out of the shower to find Tanet still sleeping hugging his pillow. He decides to let him sleep for some more time as he has to go for practice late. Veera goes to prepare breakfast for both of them. Veera prepares a simple toast with sunny side up and orange juice. He puts the breakfast plate on the tray and carries it to their bedroom. He places the tray on the bedside table and looks at Tanet. He slowly brings down his face close to Tanet's and rubs their nose together gently.

Veera: Tanet

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Wake up.

Tanet: 5 more minutes please.

Veera: Wake up na. I have brought breakfast in bed for you.

Tanet slowly opens his eyes and looks at Veera with a smile.

Tanet: Breakfast in bed

Veera: Hmm. Get up and eat before it gets cold.

Tanet: Okay

Tanet gets up and stretches his hand while Veera sets the tray on his lap. He

Tanet: Can I brush my teeth first.

Veera: Hmm

Veera removes the tray and Tanet goes to freshen up. After finishing his morning routine, Tanet has his breakfast on bed with Veera.

Veera: How is it?

Tanet: It's yummy P. You cook well.

Veera: I only know to cook simple dishes. I learned from before going to US.

Tanet: Do you miss New York?

Veera: A little.

Tanet: Then why didn't you come back after graduating?

Veera looks away and does not say anything.

Tanet: It's because of him. Right?

Veera: Hmm.

Tanet: Do you love him so much?

Veera: Yes, I do.

Tanet feels a slight pain in his chest as Veera says it in present tense.

Tanet: I am sorry, I didn't mean to pry.

Veera: It's okay. You have the right.

Tanet: Do I?

Veera: You are my husband Tanet. You have full right on me, my past, present and future.

Tanet: So, can I request you something using that right?

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: Confess to him.

Veera: Huh

Tanet: Just tell him your feelings and get a closure so that it does not hurt you so much every time you think about him.

Veera looks at Tanet in shock. How is he going to tell him that he is the one who owned his heart all this time? Will he feel betrayed for marrying him without revealing the truth? What if he decides to leave him after knowing the truth?

Tanet: P

Veera looks at Tanet with a blank expression while his insides are in turmoil.

Veera: What if he accepts me?