Chapter 22

It's been a week since Tanet left their condo. Veera is no longer the same since he left. He spends all his time in office and hardly eats or sleeps. Kla tried to reason out with him but he completely ignored him. It seem like he is taking out his frustration on himself.

Meanwhile, Tanet's plan to spend alone time was ruined by the rumor of his affair with Film. He is constantly being followed by reporters and fans to get a scoop on this issue. He finally decides to return home to get away from the press.

It's Monday morning and Tanet is getting ready for his first board meeting. He will be announced as the new CEO before the board members followed by a press conference announcing his hiatus from entertainment industry. His dad has already settled issues with the music company. It's not the press that bothered him today. He is bothered about meeting Veera again after a long time. He didn't even know if he will talk to him after all the scandal that happened last week. He got ready determined to face whatever comes his way.

At Wow Computers:

Veera was informed earlier by Mr.Wang that Tanet would be joining the office today. He wanted to finish all the pending work and leave before he comes. But he has to stay back to welcome him and handover all the files like a professional. He also has to stay back for a week to ensure smooth transition between the old and new CEO. He quickly finishes his work and goes down to the entrance to meet Mr.Wang and Tanet. Soon their car arrives at the entrance and Tanet steps out of the car dressed formally, looking all set to take over the company.

Veera comes forward and hands out a bouquet of orchids with a smile

Veera: Welcome to Wow Computers Mr.Wang.

Tanet looks at Veera in shock hearing his formal tone and fake smile. But he composes himself and accepts the bouquet.

Tanet: Thank you Mr.Li.

Veera: You are welcome. I am the acting  CEO of the company and will assist you with all the work here until you are fully updated and ready to take over.

Tanet: Thank you.

Veera: Miss.Lee, please take Mr.Wang to the boardroom where the board of directors are waiting for him.

Tanet: You are not coming?

Veera: I am sorry but I have an urgent appointment that cannot be canceled and my presence is not needed there. The Chairman is already there to guide you. I will take your leave now. Good luck and have a nice day Mr.Wang.

Veera walks away from there without even looking back, leaving a stunned Tanet behind.

"Sir"

Tanet is bought back from his trance by Miss.Lee calling his name.

Tanet: Yes

Miss.Lee: Can we go now?

Tanet: Yes

Tanet follows Miss.Lee as she leads the way to the boardroom.

The meeting goes well as expected. His dad had already convinced everyone that he will be an asset to the company as he can be the CEO as well as brand ambassador of the company due to his popularity. Everyone agreed to this suggestion and voted in his favour. So he is unanimously elected as the new CEO. Soon the meeting ends and his dad gives him some papers to read for the interview that is scheduled with press. He is asked to go to the CEO's cabin and go through the questions.

Tanet enters the room designated for him. He is surprised to see that the room is designed as per his taste. He looks around in awe unable to accept the fact that his dad know his taste so well. He sits at the desk and looks through the paper in his hand. He looks up as he hears a knock on the door.

Tanet: Come in.

The door opens and Kla rushes in.

Kla: Hey Buddy, I am here to take you out for lunch. No excuses. You promised me you will go on the blind date and you are still here. I..

Tanet: Blind date?

Kla looks up surprised to hear a familiar voice that does not belong to his bestfriend.

Kla: Tanet. What are you doing in Veera's office? I thought..

Tanet: PVeera's office?

Kla suddenly realizes something. He looks at Tanet with a serious look.

Kla: I am sorry Mr.Wang. I forgot that you are taking charge as the new CEO. I will take your leave now.

Tanet: PKla

Kla stops midway but does not look at him.

Tanet: Why are you being so formal with me? You usually call me by my name.

Kla: I called you casually when you were my friend's husband but now you are just his boss.

Tanet: PKla

Kla: I am sorry, I need to find my friend and send him to a blind date. I don't have time for this question answer session.

Kla starts to walk towards the door once again.

Tanet: P, is PVeera really going for a blind date? What about his first love?

Kla turns around and looks at him with a stern expression.

Kla: Yes, he is going on a blind date. He has already been heartbroken twice. Once by the person he loved and then by his husband. He also deserves to be happy.

Tanet: But I left because I thought he is getting back with his first love.

Kla: You just thought and decided everything on your own. You didn't even talk to him or try to learn the truth. You just left, leaving behind a letter. How convenient. And to top it off, you went on a date with someone else.

Tanet: I never.

Kla: I am not interested in your story and the one who held on to your every word is so heartbroken that he no longer believes in love.

Kla says that and exits the room, leaving behind a devastated Tanet.