Chapter 9

Veera woke up to his alarm ringing continuously. He search for his phone and turns off the alarm. It's 6 am in the morning. He forgot to turn off his alarm and he woke up at the usual time even though he didn't have to go to office. He gets up and brushes his teeth. He then decides to do some workout before breakfast.

Veera freshen up and head down for breakfast after doing some workout. A smile appears on his face on seeing his mom and dad at the breakfast table.

Veera: Goodmorning Mom, Dad.

Veera's dad: Goodmorning son.

Veera's mom: Come, sit down and have your breakfast.

Veera takes at a seat at the dining table and looks at the food.

Veera: I missed your food mom.

Veera's mom: Then have as much as you want dear.

Veera's mom serves the breakfast and they have it, making small talks. After breakfast,  he joins his parents in the living room.

Veera's dad: Veera, regarding the wedding, It's going to be a small ceremony with just us and Tanet's parents. Couple of board members may also attend the wedding but we are not sure about it.

Veera: Hmm

Veera's dad: We cannot go for a big ceremony because of Tanet's contract. You can have a reception once the contract ends. Is that ok with you?

Veera: Yes

Veera's dad: Eventhough it's a small ceremony,  you need to get your wedding suit and rings. I have asked the designer and jeweller to come here to help us with the suit and rings.

Veera: Okay. I will call and ask Tanet to come over to choose the suit and rings.

Veera's dad: Okay.

Veera walks back to his room after discussing everything with his parents. He then dials Tanet's number.

Veera: Hello

Tanet: Hello PVeera.

Veera: Are you free today?

Tanet: Yeah, I have taken a week off from the rehearsals for the wedding.

Veera: Okay. Can you come over to help me select the suit and the rings?

Tanet: Sure. I will be there in 30.

Veera: I will wait for you.

Veera ends the call and waits for Tanet. He arrives in 30 minutes as promised. By the time he arrived, the designer and jeweler had already arrived at Li House.

Veera: Hi Tanet. Please come to the living room, they are waiting for us.

Tanet: Okay.

Tanet follows Veera into the living room. The designer shows them a few suits that are Veera's size and just needs minor alterations. They finally select a black one that matches Tanet's suit.

Selecting the wedding bands was a tricky business. They saw a few rings that they liked but they are confused as to which one they need to select. The jeweller finally showed them a pair of rings that they both loved. They decides to choose that pair rings as it is unique.

Veera: I guess that's it

Veera: I guess that's it. The wedding shopping is done.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Why do you look so tired? Didn't you sleep well yesterday?

Tanet: I.. I am feeling guilty for putting you in this position. I wish I could convince my parents to support Uncle Narong without going through this wedding. I..

Veera quickly puts a finger on Tanet's lips to stop his blabbering. He then makes him sit on the couch and kneels down before him. He looks into his eyes seriously and starts talking.

Veera: Tanet, we have already been through this. You were supposed to get married to the love of your life but fate had other plans. Even with the pain that you are going through, you have put other's needs before you. I also have responsiblity towards my family and my company. That's why I am going along with your plan. Stop feeling guilty because you didn't do anything wrong.

Tanet: P, are you sure you won't regret this decision later on. I don't want you to hate me because of this marriage.

Veera: I am in this with you Tanet. We will overcome this obstacle together. I just want one help from you. I want you to help me keep the promise that I gave to your parents. I want you to smile and be happy. Can you do that for me?

Tanet: Yes.

Veera: Then show me your hand.

Tanet places his right hand on Veera's left hand. Veera takes out something from his pocket and puts it on the ring finger. Tanet looks at the ring in awe.

Tanet: When did you...

Veera: It's a promise ring that I just bought for you. It's a promise from me that we are in this together. I will stand by you no matter what happens in future.

A tear drops from Tanet's eyes which Veera gently wipes .

Veera: No more tears. Just you big dimpled smile.

Tanet smiles cutely looking at Veera.

Veera: That's my boy.