Chapter 25

Veera lay on the couch hugging Tanet tightly. He still could not believe that he is finally with the love of his life and that he loves him back.

Tanet: P

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: Back in college, I always saw you in the Business management cafeteria. Was it..

Veera: Hmm,  I came there to see you.

Tanet: Why didn't you approach me? You could have atleast said a hello.

Veera: I was afraid.

Tanet: Huh

Veera: I may be the toughest and hit headed head hazer but when it came to you, all my courage just drained out. I didn't even know if you would recognize me as we just met once during your registration.

Tanet: I noticed you every single day you came.

Veera: Huh

Tanet: I noticed how you smiled when you were lost in thoughts. I noticed the frown on your face whenever PKla made fun of you. I noticed the loneliness and sadness on your face when you watched PKla with Daw. I noticed every single emotion that reflected on your face whenever you came to the cafeteria.

Veera is shocked to know that Tanet noticed him all these years.

Tanet: I wanted to approach you and be your friend but those fierce eyes stopped me. My friends warned me that you hardly allow anyone into your inner circle and that you are cold hearted but my heart said otherwise. I saw you approach people who needed help. I saw you welcome your bestfriend's boyfriend with open arms. I saw you tease and laugh with your bestfriend over his silly jokes. You are not cold, you just love your personal space and people misunderstood that as being cold hearted.

Veera tightens his hold around Tanet as he kisses the top of his head.

Veera: I....I can handle a crowd without sweating but when it comes to allowing people come close to my heart, I am a bit skeptical. I have only a few people who are close to me and they mean the world to me.

Tanet: I know.

Veera looks down at Tanet and smiles.

Veera: I have something I need to show you.

Tanet: What?

Veera: It's in the guest room.

Tanet gets up and helps Veera get up from the couch. They then go to the guest room and Veera takes out a key that's under the table lamp. He opens the last door of the wardrobe with that key as Tanet stands beside him waiting eagerly to see what is inside the wardrobe. As the door opens, he is surprised to see a guitar casing, a phone and a small box full of papers inside the wardrobe. Tanet walks forward and picks up the box containing papers. He takes a paper and unfolds it gently. As he reads the contents of the paper, his mouth opens in shock.

Tanet: These are my...

Veera: The first drafts of your songs that you wrote in college.

Tanet: You..you kept it with you all these years.

Veera: Hmm. Everything related to you is precious to me.

Tanet picked up more papers and read through it. The box not only contained his songs but there were also love letter wrote by Veera to Tanet. As he read through them, his eyes filled with tears. Tanet could not control his tears as he read through the last few letters as those were written by Veera after Tanet and Waan got into a relationship. Tanet sobs as he felt Veera's pain in his words.

Tanet: I am sorry. I am so sorry for hurting you so much. You would have hated me when I got into a relationship with Waan. You must have regretted the day you met me.

Veera quickly holds Tanet's face and pulls him closer.

Veera: Look at me Tanet.

Tanet slowly raises his head and looks into Veera's eyes.

Veera: It's not your fault. You never knew about my feelings. I never hated you. I can never hate you Tanet. I always loved you and my love for you kept on increasing day by day. I don't regret even a single second of my time spend with you. You made me the happiest person in the world today when you confessed that you love me. I can give up everything in  if I can spend a single second loving you.

Tanet: P.....

Veera: I love you Tanet. I love you so much. You mean the world to me and I don't want you to feel guilty about anything. I just want to see a smile on your face. Can you do that for me?

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: Then smile for me.

Veera wipes his tears and brings a beautiful smile on his face.

Veera: That's like my Tanet.

Tanet throws his arms around Veera's neck and hugs him tight.