Chapter 7

Veera: NO

Tanet: Huh

Veera: I will not marry you Tanet. This is not right. You..

Tanet: P, I know I am asking for a huge sacrifice from your end but I don't have any other option. I am desperate.

Veera: Tanet, it's not about me. You are emotionally unstable right now and such a huge decision should not be taken in this condition.

Tanet: This is not about me P, this about the future of thousands of employees in your father's company.

Veera: What do you mean?

Tanet: My dad has decided to fund a new project in your father's company. The project has already started and had to be stopped due to financial crisis. But then my dad decided to help because we are going to be a family. But now..

Veera: The marriage is not going to happen and there is no reason for him to fund the project.

Tanet: Hmm.

Veera: But will your father agree to you marrying me?

Tanet: Yes. He was the one who suggested it. My dad had investigated your family and business before he decided to invest. He is really impressed by your academic achievements and your internship in one of the biggest engineering companies. He thinks it's a prestige to have you as his son in law.

Veera: What about you?

Tanet: I respect you P. I always did. I have heard and seen the way you treat people with respect and I admire you for that.

Veera: A marriage cannot survive on respect alone.

Tanet: But a friendship can.

Veera does not say anything and just stands there lost in his thoughts.

Tanet; Uncle Narong wanted to reject the offer but I stopped him from doing so. I told him that you would understand the situation. I am sorry for saying that without considering your opinion.

Veera: No, you are right. I will do it for my family, for the company. But..

Tanet: Is it about him?

Veera: Huh

Tanet: Your first love.

Veera looks at Tanet in shock.

Tanet: Are you still in love with him? Is that the reason you don't want to marry me?

Veera: Yes, I love him. I will always love him but he is not the reason that I  rejected your proposal.

Tanet: Then why?

Veera: Because of you.

Tanet: Huh

Veera: You are the reason for my rejection. Some day in future you are going to fall in love with someone. That day, you will regret this marriage and you may even hate me for agreeing to get married to you. I don't want that to happen.

Tanet: No, I won't regret this decision because I have already thought about the consequences of my decision and if one day, your love comes back to you, I promise to end this marriage happily and go away from your life.

Veera just looks at Tanet without saying anything.

Tanet: P

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: You can say no if you are still not convinced.

Veera: Yes

Tanet: Huh

Veera: Let's get married.

Tanet looks at Veera in shock.

Tanet: Are you sure?

Veera: Yes, I am. Let's do this for our family, for the thousands of families who depend on us.

Tanet: Hmm

Tanet suddenly hugs Veera and tears starts flowing from his eyes drenching Veera's shirt. Veera breaks the hug and looks at Tanet.

Veera: Hey Tanet, please look at me.

Tanet looks into Veera's eyes. Veera gently wipes the tears on his face.

Veera: I know this is a marriage of convenience but we are together in this and I will always be there for you. If you ever feel the need to hold someone's hand just look beside you and you will find me there. Let's do this together. Okay?

Tanet: Hmm

Veera takes Tanet's hand in his hand and walks into the house. As they enter the house, they find their parents anxiously waiting for them.

Veera's dad: Veera

Veera: I am okay dad. I have talked to Tanet and come to a decision. The best solution for all our problems right now is a marriage. So....so, we have decided to get married.

Veera's dad: But Son, are you sure?

Veera: Yes.

Veera walks towards Tanet's parents and bow before them in respect.

Veera: Mr and Mrs. Wang, I may not be the ideal partner for your son but I promise you that I will take good care of him. I will give my 100% to this relationship and try to keep him happy always. So, I am requesting for your blessings to marry Tanet.

Tanet's dad and mom looks at Veera with a smile as he stands before them with his head bowed down in respect.

Tanet's dad: You have our blessings son. May you and Tanet be blessed with  eternity of togetherness and love.

Veera: Thank you Mr. Wang.

Tanet's dad: It's dad and mom for you son.

Veera: Thank you dad.

Both the parents leave the room to discuss the wedding plans while Veera and Tanet are left behind lost in their thoughts.

"Veera"

They both are brought back from their thoughts by someone calling Veera's name. Veera looks in the direction of the voice and finds Kla standing there.

Kla: I have brought your luggage.

Veera: What took you so long?

Kla: I was standing outside. I didn't want to interfere.

Veera: Let's talk inside my room.

Kla: Hmm

Veera takes one of the bag while Kla carries the other one. They start walking upstairs to Veera's room.  Veera stops midway on realizing that Tanet is still standing in the hall.

Veera: Kla, please hold this for me.

After handing over the bag, he runs downstairs and then walks towards Tanet. He then holds his hand and starts walking towards the stairs.

Tanet: P...

Veera: What? Did you think I will leave you alone. I promised your dad that I will take good care of you and the clock  starts the moment I made that promise. You are coming with me to wherever I go. Okay?

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Let's go to my.....I mean our room.

Veera holds Tanet's hand and they both walk together to Veera's room.