Chapter 29

Tanet entered their condo followed by a low faced Veera. Veera tried apologizing to Tanet but he did not even say a single. As soon as they enter the condo, Tanet goes to their bedroom and shuts the door behind him which left no other option for Veera but to use the guest room. He let's out a sigh and walks into the guest room.

Veera takes bath and comes out of the room to find Tanet has already set the table for dinner. They both sat at the table in silence and ate the dinner. Tanet finishes his dinner and starts to get up.

Veera: I....I will do the dishes.

Tanet does not say anything. He leaves the plate in the kitchen sink and goes to his room and locks the door. Veera washes the dishes and goes to the guest room to sleep.

Next day morning, Veera wakes up to find his clothes in the guest room. He takes bath and changes into his office wear. He found his breakfast and juice on the table and a note from Tanet that he has an early morning schedule. Veera is frustrated as he didn't know how to pacify his husband. He knew he had to do something as this distance between them was killing him.

Veera tries various methods to pacify Tanet. He send bouquet of his favorite flowers to his office. He bought all his favorite food for dinner. He even bought a ticket for his favorite bands concert to pacify him but nothing worked. Veera was literally begging Tanet to talk to him but he kept on ignoring him.

On the other hand, Tanet was in no better condition than Veera. He could see Veera's efforts to pacify him but he felt angry with him for not noticing Fah's flirty gestures and letting her come close to him.

It's been a week since the cold war started between them. Currently Tanet and Veera sat on the dinner table eating their food.

Veera: Tanet, I.... Can we talk?

Tanet does not say anything and just walks away from there. Veera felt completely dejected as all his attempts to pacify him failed. He felt like a loser. He could not eat his food any more. He throws the left over food in the bin and goes to the guest room to sleep.

Meanwhile inside the room, Tanet was rolling on his bed restlessly. He knew Veera did not do anything wrong purposely and that he was trying his best to apologize to him for causing him pain. It had been a bad week for him too as he was unable to sleep properly without Veera by his side. He was missing Veera badly. He finally decides to end this cold war with Veera the next day.

Next day morning:

Tanet wakes up to his alarm ringing. He yawns and rubs his eyes before opening his eyes. He is surprised by complete silence in the house. For the past 1 week, he woke up to noise of Veera trying to make him breakfast in the morning as an apology but today he couldn't hear any noise. He quickly gets up and walks out of the room. There is no one in the kitchen. He checks the guest room and it's empty.

Tanet: Where is he? Did he leave for office so early in the morning? But, today is Sunday.

Tanet is so lost in thought that he didn't hear the front door opening and Veera come into the condo. He gets startled when he felt someone's presence in the room but sighs in relief on knowing its Veera.

Tanet: You scared me.

Veera: Sorry, I didn't mean to.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: I bought breakfast for us. Your dad called earlier and said he want to meet us. So please freshen up and have breakfast. Then we will leave for your house.

Tanet is surprised to hear that his dad called Veera. He spoke to him the day before but he never mentioned about this. He wanted to ask Veera why he wanted to meet them suddenly but he was no longer in the room.

Tanet: He must have gone to take bath.

Tanet also goes to his room to freshen up.

After taking bath Tanet joins Veera for breakfast. Veera is unusually silent today and Tanet felt uneasy about it.

Tanet: Did..Did dad tell you why he wanted to meet us?

Veera: No, he didn't say anything.

Tanet: Hmm

After finishing their breakfast, they both left for Tanet house.

At the Wang Mansion:

Tanet stood outside his house along with Veera waiting for someone to open the door. Veera was silent throughout their drive to his house. This silence was driving Tanet crazy but he didn't want to say something and start a fight ,so he kept quite. Soon the housekeeper opens the door and ushers them into the living room where Tanet's parents were already waiting for them.

Veera: Goodmorning Dad, Mom.

Tanet's dad: Goodmorning son. Please sit down.

Veera and Tanet take a seat next to each other. Tanet's parents starts the talk with casual topics and finally comes to the subject that they really wanted to talk about.

Tanet's dad: Veera, I have checked the company's progress since you took over as CEO and it's really impressive. I also spoke to some of the investors who met with Tanet after he took over as the CEO. They have only good words for him. I must say you have trained him well.

Veera: Thank you Dad.

Tanet's dad: Son, I know when you agreed to get married to Tanet, you did that because of guilt and sense of responsibility. We are also partly responsible for you getting into this marriage of convenience. Now, when we look back we feel like we have wronged you.

Veera: Dad...

Tanet's dad: I have already spoken to your father and he agrees with me. Now that everything is running fine on the business front, I think it's time to end this marriage of convenience and set you both free.

Both Veera and Tanet sat there in silence unable to say anything, stunned by the turn of events.

Tanet's dad: I will talk to our family lawyer and get the divorce papers drawn for mutual divorce. I will send you the paper after Tanet signs it. Is that okay?

Veera looks at Tanet's dad for a second and then nods his head. Tanet is shocked by Veera's response.

Veera: I..I think I will take your leave now.

Tanet's mom: Please stay for lunch.

Veera: It's Okay. I have an important meeting in the evening and need to prepare some papers. So I will take your leave now.

Veera says his goodbyes and walks out of the house, leaving behind a stunned Tanet. Tanet comes out the shock and looks for Veera but he had already left the room. He runs out of the room to catch Veera before he leaves the mansion.

Veera walks out of the mansion and starts to get into his car. Just then he hear someone call his name.

Tanet: PhiVee

Veera turns around to see Tanet stand before him gasping.

Tanet: Why....Why....

Veera: Relax Tanet. Take a deep breathe before speaking.

Tanet closes his eyes and takes few deep breaths. Then he opens his eyes and looks at Veera with tear filled eyes.

Tanet: Why did you agree for the divorce? Do you really want to end this marriage?

Veera: Yes, I want to end this marriage of convenience. I no longer want to be with you like this.

Tanet: Phi

Veera: You can stay with your parents today. I have a meeting that would end late.

Tanet: But...

Veera does not wait for Tanet to speak and just gets into his car and drives away while Tanet stands there with tears streaming down his eyes.