Chapter 21

Veera felt like it forever to reach his condo. He quickly parks his car and rushes inside. As he enters his condo, he is disappointed to see the place is quite and dark as if no one is in there. He turns on the light and checks both the rooms but there is no sign of Tanet. Then his eyes falls on a piece of paper kept on the bedside table. He quickly opens the letter and reads it.

Dear PVeera,

By the time you get this letter I would have left your condo. First, I want to thank you for standing by me when I was down and getting married to me on my request. I am really grateful to you for giving me some of the best memories of my life. Past two weeks that I spend with you made me realize what real happiness, friendship and love means. I enjoyed every second of my life with you. But as someone wise said, every good and bad things in our life comes to an end one day, this is the end of our relationship.

Congratulations on finally confessing to your first love and getting accepted. I am happy for you because you deserve it. You have loved that person even when you knew that he will never love you back. Now that he is in your life, please don't let him go. You don't have to worry about our marriage, my contract or your company's financial aid. I have already spoke to my dad and we have come to a compromise. I will quit the music band and join my dad's company. In return, he will sponsor your company's new project and pay off my fine for breaching the contract. I have asked a week's time to prepare myself for these changes. I am going on a trip of self discovery and then I will take up my new role. Till then, please take care of the company for me.

Once again, thank you for everything that you have done for me. I wish you a happy and bright future with the one you love.

Yours
Tanet

Veera feels numb after reading the letter. He could not make sense of anything that was happening in his life. He calls Kla and asks him to come to the condo as he didn't want to be alone.

20 minutes later:

Kla: What's wrong? Why did you call me so urgently?

Veera does not say anything and just gives Tanet's letter to him. He reads the letter and looks at Veera in shock.

Kla: SHIT.SHIT...SHIT. Why the hell didn't you tell Tanet the truth about your first love?

Veera: I...He saw me with Nat and thought....

Kla: He is the one you love. He left you so that you can be happy with the one you love. But the irony of the situation is that he is the one whom you have always loved. If only you have told him that, he wouldn't have misunderstood you and Nat.

Veera does not say anything and just sits there with a dejected look.

Kla: You can still get him back. Once he is back from his trip, just tell him what's in your heart. This time, no excuses for you. Till then the pain of waiting and longing for him will be your punishment.

Veera just nods his head and looks at letter one more time.

Meanwhile in the Wang Mansion:

Tanet is lying on his bed scrolling through his phone. He is looking at his and Veera's wedding photos on his phone. Tears starts flowing down the corners of his eyes as he remember their time together.

Tanet: I miss you P. I miss you so much. I wish I hadn't made that stupid suggestion to get a closure from your first love. I never realized that my small mistake would end up in me losing you forever. I wish I am the one you fell in love with. I wish I am the one you loved so intensely all these years. I wish I am the one for whom you have waited all these years. I fallen in love with you P. I love you PVeera. I love you so much.

Tanet's eyes fill with tears as he caresses Veera's photo on his phone. He ends up crying to his sleep. Next day morning, he wakes up with a bad headache and swollen eyes. He quickly packs his things and get out of his house before everyone is awake. He didn't want his parents to see him in this condition. He gets into his car and drives away from there.

It's been three days since Tanet left the condo. Veera tried calling him but his phone is switched off. His emotions are all over the place, so he decided to work from home as he didn't want to lose his temper at the office. He has been trying to read the same page in a file for last 30 minutes. Finally he gives up and decides to watch television for some time. He switched on the TV and scrolled through the channels. He stopped at a certain channel that was displaying a breaking news that caught Veera's attention.

Breaking News:

Famous singer and member of music band Melody, Tanet Wang caught on a date with rising star Film Rachanum.

Veera just stares at the screen where he can see Tanet getting into a car with a young girl. They are coming out of a restaurant and they are holding hands.

Veera: I wish you had given me a chance to explain. I wish you had given our relationship a chance. I wish you had given me a chance to say how much I love you and have always loved you.