Chapter 15

It's 3.55 pm and Tanet is sitting on the couch nervously. Veera goes and sits beside him. He takes his hand in his hand and traces circles on it with his thumb. Veera's presence help him calm down a bit. Suddenly the doorbell rings and Veera gets up to open the door. He opens the door to find Waan and Niran standing outside.

Veera: Come in.

As they enter the living room, they are shocked to see Tanet standing there .

Waan: PTanet

Waan and Niran looks at him awkwardly.

Waan: PVeera, I thought it's just going to be us.

Veera: Well, whatever you are going to say, he is also involved in it.

Waan: P, I understand that I have hurt him. PNiran and I will talk to him later and clear things out. Right now, I want your help as my brother to reconcile with dad and mom.

Veera: Well, I cannot do that alone. You need his help to convince dad and mom to accept your relationship with Niran.

Waan: But this is our family matter.

Veera: He is family.

Waan: What? How can he be part of our family? He is my ex-boyfriend.

Veera holds Tanet's hand as Waan and Niran look at them in shock.

Veera: He is Tanet Veera Li, my husband. So that makes him your brother in law.

Waan: You...You married him. How could you?

Veera: You can run away with his bestfriend 2 days before the wedding and I cannot marry him just because he is you ex.

Waan: I didn't have a choice.

Veera: I did and I chose him.

Niran: It's not her mistake that she left him. He was the one who neglected her.

Veera: He is a singer who is trying to establish his career. She knew what she was getting into when she decided to date him. You, out of all people should know him better. He is your bestfriend. He was there for you when no one was. He was your safe house and you burned it down.

Niran: I am grateful for what he did for me and I tried to repay him. I was the one who fell in love with Waan first but I backed off when I knew he was interested in her. But then I saw him neglect her and I couldn't stand her pain.

Veera: He did not neglect her. Circumstances were against him. He was ready to break his contract with the music company just to be with her. Did you know that?

Waan looks at Tanet in shock.

Waan: I never..

Veera: Niran knew that but chose not to tell you. Am I wrong?

Niran:Yes, I knew that he was ready to break his contract to marry her but I didn't want to lose her again. This was my only chance to have my own family. We are having a baby and it's a huge thing for an orphan like me.

Tanet: Baby...

Veera looks at Tanet with concern.

Veera: I think we need to stop this discussion here. We have all said enough to know where we all stand. You both need to leave now.

Waan: Does that mean you won't help us P?

Veera: No, I will help you. It's your right to reconcile with dad and mom, especially when you are going to be a mom. But I want you both to keep a distance from us until my husband is ready to forgive you.

Waan: P

Veera: That is a request.

Waan and Niran get up from their seats and starts walking towards the door.

Veera: I will talk to dad and mom about your marriage. I will call you once everything is settled.

Waan nods her head and leaves the condo with Niran.

Veera looks at Tanet who looks dazed by all the revelations. 

Veera: Tanet

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Are you okay?

Tanet: I don't know.  I don't know how to accept the news that Waan's presence in my life was my bestfriend's sacrifice. May be she was always meant to be with Niran and I was just a cross connection or the wrong number in her life. I don't blame them for what happened in my life but it may take some time for me to accept the reality.

Veera: I understand. You can take as long as you want to heal your heart completely.  You don't have to accept them until you are ready.

Tanet: But I don't want to keep you away from your sister.

Veera: You are not keeping me away from anyone. Niran is her family now and he is standing by her. Similarly I am your family and I will stand by you.

Tanet hugs Veera as tears start flowing down his eyes.

Veera: You need to stop drenching my shirt with your tears. I am going to be out of clothes if you keeping on crying for small things.

Tanet: You look sexy when you are shirtless.

Tanet murmurs in small voice. Veera looks at Tanet with a smirk as Tanet clasps his mouth with his hands on realizing what he just said.

Veera suddenly starts to unbutton his shirt as he looks at Tanet. Tanet holds his hand as he is about to undo the third button.

Veera: What? You said I look sexy shirtless.

Tanet: Peeeee

Tanet hides his face in Veera's chest blushing as his husband burst out laughing at his cute antics.