Chapter 4

Veera spends the next few days immersed in his projects and other hazing activities, to keep himself distracted from his pain. But his thoughts never left his mind. He saw him more often even though he tried to avoid him. It was a complete torture. Veera was finally relieved when the week ended as he didn't want to cross paths with Tanet even by chance. But God had other plans for him.

Saturday morning:

Veera hardly slept as his mind was filled with Tanet's thoughts. He decided to get ready and spend some time with his family as he would be leaving for US in 10 days. He quickly gets dressed and goes downstairs but gets stuck midway on seeing Tanet standing in the living room.

Tanet: Goodmorning PVeera.

Veera: Goodmorning. Are you here to see Waan?

Tanet: No, your parents invited me for breakfast.

Veera: Oh!!!

Tanet: I hope you don't mind.

Veera: No, you are my sister's boyfriend. You are always welcome here. But I am sorry I cannot join you. I already have plans with my friends. If I had known before..

Tanet: It's okay. I understand. You are graduating and you will be going abroad soon. It's nice to spend some time with your friends and family.

Veera: Thank you for understanding.

Just then Waan and Veera's mom come to the dining room with the breakfast.

Waan: P, are you going somewhere?

Veera: I have plans with my friends.

Waan: Can't you postpone it?

Veera: I..

Tanet: Waan, please don't put him in a fix. His plans are already fixed.

Waan: I am sorry P. You can go. We will have breakfast together some other time.

Veera: Sure.

Veera quickly says his goodbye and runs out of his house. Once outside, he takes out his phone and dials a number.

Veera: Hello Kla

Kla: What's up dude?

Veera: Can we meet?

Kla: Now?

Veera: Hmm

Kla could sense the tension in Veera's voice.

Kla: Okay. Let's meet in the cafe next to the university in 15.

Veera: Okay

15 minutes later:

Kla: Hey

Veera: Hey

Kla: What happened? Why do you look so down?

Veera: Why does God hate me so much? There was a time when I wanted to see him 24/7 but he didn't even know that I existed. But now when I want to stay away from him, he keeps popping before me. Do you know, he is in my house right now?

Kla: Tanet?

Veera: Hmm

Kla: Shit.

Veera: He is my sister's boyfriend. I cannot avoid him forever. But whenever I see him my heart breaks into pieces again and again. It's so painful Kla. Please help me.

Kla: Why don't you stay with me in the dorm till our graduation? Just tell some excuse to your parents.

Veera looks at Kla with a blank expression.