Chapter 3

Veera looks at himself in the mirror and lets out a sigh. He looked horrible. His eyes are red and swollen and his clothes and hair are disheveled. If his parents or sister saw him like this, they would be worried. So he decides to take a bath and freshen up before going down for dinner. He quickly takes bath and changes his clothes. He once again looks into the mirror and feels relieved that he is a bit more presentable now. He then exits his room and walks downstairs to the dining room where his parents are already waiting for him to have dinner.

Veera's mom: Oh, you are here. I was just going to call you.

Veera: Sorry, I dozed off.

Veera's mom: It's Okay. You look really tired right now.

Veera: Hmm, I hardly had any free time today.

Veera's dad: You need to take care of yourself son.

Veera: Yes dad.

Veera's mom: By the way, did you meet Tanet, Waan's boyfriend.

Veera stiffens on hearing Tanet's name but quickly regains composure and nods his head.

Veera's dad: He seem to be a good guy. I know his father from college. He used to be my junior.

Veera's mom: What do you think Veera?

Veera: He is a nice guy. He is very respectful and smart guy.

Veera's mom: Hmm, that's good to know. I am happy my daughter is in safe hands.

Veera just nods his head.

Veera: Dad

Veera's dad: Hmm

Veera: I am ready to go.

Veera's dad: Huh

Veera: I am ready to go to US for that post graduation program.

Veera's dad: Are you sure?

Veera: Yes

Veera's dad: That's great. You will not regret it. I will make all the arrangements with the agent tomorrow.

Veera: Okay

Veera quickly has his dinner and excuses himself on the pretext of some work.

Inside Veera's room:

Veera has been sitting at his desk staring at the screen for past 10 minutes. His trance is broken by a knock on his door.

"P"

Veera: Come in. The door is open.

Waan enters the room with a smile.

Veera: How did your dinner date go?

Waan: Great

Veera: That's nice. I am happy for you.

Waan: Hmm

They both sat in silence for few seconds.

Waan: P

Veera: Hmm

Waan: Did he reject you?

Veera: No

Waan: Then, why did you agree to go abroad?

Veera: I didn't even get a chance to confess. He is already in a relationship with someone else. I...I was too late.

Waan: Oh!!!

Waan quickly goes and hugs her brother.

Waan: It's okay P. You will definitely find someone better.

Veera: Hmm, maybe.

Waan breaks the hug and looks at her brother.

Waan: You..You are never going to love anyone again.

Veera looks at his sister with a sad smile.

Veera: My heart is too broken to be mended Waan. Maybe the long distance will cure this pain. I... I just need to get away from here.

A tear drops from Waan's eyes as she sees her brother's pain. She is unaware of the fact that unknowingly she is the reason for her brother's broken heart.

Waan: I love you so much P. I don't want to lose you.

Veera: I am just going away for some time. I will be back whenever you want me. And then you have Tanet in your life who will take care of you.

Waan: But no one love me like you love me.

Veera: I will always love you my princess. I just want you to be happy, always.

Waan: P

Waan hugs brother and tears starts flowing down her eyes.

Veera: Okay, That's enough melodrama for tonight. Leave some tears for the day I go away from you.

Waan: P

Waan hits her brother playfully while he laughs. Soon she bids Goodnight and goes to her room. Veera also decides to sleep as he had a busy schedule the next day.

Next day morning Veera wakes up with a bad headache as he had a restless night. He quickly takes bath and wears his uniform. He then have a light breakfast and painkillers for his headache. He then heads towards the university.

At the university:

All the Engineering freshers were having a bad day as their Headhazer Veera seem to be in a bad mood.He punished them severely for the slightest mistakes. Before things turn to worst, Veera is taken away from the ground by one of the hazers and his bestfriend Kla. Kla takes Veera to an empty classroom and closes the door.

Kla: Dude, What's wrong with you? Why are you acting like a tyrant on the ground? You were terrorizing the kids.

Veera does not say anything and just keeps pacing the room.

Kla: Are you missing your dimple boy?

Veera pauses on hearing Tanet's name. Kla is shocked to see a tear escape Veera's eyes.

Kla: VEERA

Veera: I...I lost him Kla. I lost him forever.

Kla quickly walks towards Veera and hugs him. He breaks the hug after some time and then makes Veera sit on a chair.

Kla: What happened Veera?

Veera looks at Kla with tears in his eyes and then tells him everything that happened the previous evening.

Kla: SHIT.SHIT...SHIT. Tanet and Waan. How is this possible? Why didn't you tell her?

Veera: And then what? She is my sister and he is the one I love. Both of them are important to me. I cannot hurt them with my confession.

Kla: But, what about your pain Veera? You have been in love with him for last three years. How will you forget him?

Veera: I cannot but I have to. For Waan, for Tanet, for my parents. This decision of mine will only hurt me and I am ready to bear the pain.

Kla: How will you live, seeing them together every day?

Veera: I won't.

Kla: Huh?

Veera: I have accepted my dad's proposal of going abroad for studies. It's a two year course. After that I will do an internship there and probably find a job there. I don't know.

Kla: So, you are running away from the truth.

Veera: What other option do I have? I am helpless Kla.

Kla: Hmm. I hope you can mend your broken heart some day and I want you back beside me that day.

Veera: Hmm

Kla: Promise?

Veera: Promise.

The two bestfriends hug each other and cry.