Chapter 18

Tanet was distracted throughout his rehearsals. His mind is filled with his morning conversation with Veera. In addition to that presence of Niran in the rehearsals is making him uncomfortable. He tried to stay professional and complete the rehearsals but things are not going as per his plans. He finally decides to call it a day and end the rehearsals.

Tanet: PJane, I am sorry for being so distracted today. I will make sure to practice hard tomorrow.

Jane: Hmm

Tanet: If there is nothing else left to do, may I go home?

Jane: Yes, you can leave.

Tanet: Thanks

Jane: If you can wait for 30 minutes, I can drop you home.

Tanet: No, I will take a cab.

Jane: Don't worry Dimples, I will not drool over for your husband.

Tanet: P

Jane: Tanet, you came with me and if I don't drop you back home, your hubby is going to kill me. He asked me to take care of you.

Tanet: It's okay P. It's faster to catch a cab. I will be home in 15.

Jane: You are in hurry my boy. Can't wait to see your husband?

Tanet: P, stop teasing me. I am leaving now. Take care and see you tomorrow.

Jane: Bye. Call me once you reach home.

Tanet: Will do.

Tanet quickly packs his things and heads out of the studio. He is standing outside the building waiting for his cab when he felt someone's presence next to him. He turns his head and is surprised to see Niran standing next to him.

Niran: You can cancel the cab and I can drop you home.

Tanet: No, thanks. I don't want to impose on you.

Niran: I have dropped you home many times before.

Tanet: Time as well as our relationship has changed. Nothing is the same as before.

Niran: Nothing has changed Tanet. I am still your bestfriend.

Tanet: Bestfriends don't do what you did to me.

Niran: I stepped back for you but you are the one who couldn't cherish her.

Tanet: I never asked you to step back. I am not upset that you fell in love with her. I am upset because you made a fool out of me. You cheated on me with my girlfriend and then had the audacity to keep quite and make a fool out of me by making me propose to her. She could have just broken up with me and then come to you. You could have come to me and talked about your feelings. You always had the freedom to talk to me about whatever is on your mind.

Niran: I...

Tanet: Nothing you say or do will change what is already done. I am happy for you and Waan but please don't expect me to act like nothing has happened. I have already accepted the reality of our situation and I just need time for the crack in the relationship to heal. Till then let's keep our distance and just be two people working together.

Niran stands there in silence, trying to process whatever Tanet just said. Before he could reply, a cab comes and stops before them.

Tanet: My cab is here. I need to go. Take care and see you tomorrow.

Tanet walks towards the cab and opens the door to get in.

Niran: You are unusually calm and composed for someone whose fiance just ran away with his bestfriend. Are you acting calm or you are really relieved that the wedding did not happen?"

Tanet does not say anything and just looks at Niran.

Tanet: Correction, the wedding did happen and I am calm because there is nothing I can do to change the situation.

Niran: Don't you think you moved too fast when you married your fiance's brother? That makes me wonder if you ever loved her.

Tanet: You don't know the circumstances of the marriage.

Niran: Whatever the circumstances are, it didn't take you long to accept someone else in Waan's place. I can see the twinkle in your eyes when you think about him or look at him. If you can fall for someone else while you claim to love Waan, so can we. How can you blame Waan for falling out of love with you or falling in love with me?

Tanet looks at Niran with a blank expression and does not say anything. He just gets into the cab and leaves for his condo.

In side the cab:

Tanet(in mind): What Niran said just now, is it true? Didn't I ever love Waan? Am I so fickle minded that I easily replaced her with PVeera? Does PVeera also think about me like that?

Tanet just let's out a groan in frustration unable to find answers for all the questions that popped in his mind.