Chapter 31

"TANET "

Veera catches Tanet before he hits the ground. He quickly carries him to the bed and lies him down. He then calls his family doctor and asks him to come to his condo immediately.

Veera looks at Tanet's hands that are still bleeding. He takes out a clean cloth and presses on the wound to stop the bleed.

Veera: Why are you so stupid Tanet? If you thought I didn't want you anymore, why did you hurt yourself? You could have hurt me. Do you know how much it hurts to see you like this? I love you much you dumb kid.

Tears flow down Veera's eyes as he looks at Tanet's face. Soon the doctor arrives, followed by Kla and Daw.

Veera, Kla and Daw are standing outside the bedroom waiting for the doctor to finish checking Tanet. Veera is hoping on his legs restlessly while Kla stood next to Daw with a sober look. He was feeling guilty for what happened to Tanet.

Kla: It's all my fault. I should have been more careful while talking to Tanet. He is so sensitive and I...

Veera looks at his friend's distraught face and feels sorry for him. He goes to him and hugs him tight.

Veera: It's not your fault Kla. You were just trying to save my surprise. It is bad luck that things turned out like this. If anyone has to be blamed, it should be me. He was already stressed due to our fight and then his dad proposed divorce. I also agreed to it thinking I will surprise him with my proposal but things just went out of control. I knew he invested his all in this relationship and I still made him cry.

Tears starts falling from Veera's eyes as Kla and Daw try to console. All three of them stood outside tensed waiting for the doctor. Soon the doctor comes out of the room.

Veera: Doctor, how is he?

Doctor: All the wounds except one is superficial. I have applied medicine and bandaged it. It should heal in a few days. Just make sure to keep the bandages dry.

Veera: I will take care of that doctor. Thank you so much.

Kla: I will bring the doctor outside. You go inside.

Veera: Hmm

Veera walks into the room and see Tanet lying on the bed looking all pale and exhausted. He hate to see him looking like this and he hate himself more for being the cause of it. He sat next to him and gently caressed his hair.

Veera: I am sorry love for causing you so much pain. I didn't know my words could hurt you so much. I guess I underestimated your love for me.

A tear drops from his eyes.

Veera say next to Tanet holding his hand until exhaustion took over and he drifted into deep sleep.

Veera jolts awake hearing someone call his name. He panics a bit on seeing complete darkness around him but relaxes a bit on realizing that he is in his bedroom. Suddenly he remembers the events that happened earlier today and that Tanet is afraid of darkness. He looks for the switch for the bedside lamp in haste and quickly turns it on. He then looks beside him in panic. He is surprised to find a equally panicked Tanet looking at him with puppy eyes. Veera quickly pulls him into his arms and pats his back gently.

Veera: Hey, hey, look at me Tanet. Everything is Okay. I am here with you and the lights are on.

Soon Tanet starts to relax and his breathing turns back to normal. Veera then lays him back on the bed and starts to get up but Tanet holds him back.

Tanet: Phi, please don't leave me.

Veera looks at Tanet who is looking at him with tears in his eyes. He gently wipes the tears and sits next to him and holds his hand.

Veera: I am not going anywhere Tanet. I am just going to get you some food and water. I will come back soon.

Tanet: Promise?

Veera: Promise.

Tanet let go off Veera's hand. Veera then goes to the kitchen and prepares congee for Tanet. He brings the food into the bedroom and feeds him. He then gives him medicine and helps him lie down on the bed.

Veera: You take some rest. I will just keep these in the kitchen and come back.

Tanet: Hmm

Tanet tries to get some rest but sleep deludes him. He felt like Veera will leave him if he closes his eyes. He is still shook by the fact that Veera agreed to end their marriage. As Tanet lay there lost in his thoughts, Veera comes back to the bedroom and climb on the bed and sit next to Tanet. He gently pulls him into his arms and wrap his arms posssessively around his waist. Tanet looks at Veera for a few seconds and then settle down in his arms letting out a sigh of relief.

Veera: I am not leaving you Tanet.

Tanet: Huh

Veera: You are still uneasy because of the divorce talk.

Tanet: I...I thought you no longer want me in your life.

Veera: Look at me Tanet.

Tanet raises his head and look into Veera's eyes. He is shocked to see tears and intense love in those fierce eyes.

Veera: I have only loved one person in my entire life and that's you. Six years, past six years of my life was the happiest and saddest years of my life. I felt on cloud nine the day I met you for the first time. The next 3 years of my life was spend watching you, knowing your likes and dislikes, making sure you are happy and safe. I was afraid to approach you but I was happy looking at you from far and dreaming about our happy future together. Then came the painful part where I realized my dream will never come true and that you belong to someone else, someone against whom I will never be able compete. Those years of lost love was more painful than death. But God showed some mercy on me and brought you back into my life. You finally became mine, my husband, my better half. Do you really think after going through all these, I will ever let go off this hand. I would rather die than let you go away from me.

Tanet: Phiii

Veera takes Tanet's face in his palms and places a chaste kiss on his lips.

Veera: I love you Mr.Tanet Veera Li. You are my life and I will never, ever let you go from my life.

Tanet hugs Veera tight and cries in his arms like a baby.

Tanet: I love you too PVee. I love you so so much that I cannot imagine a life without you.

Veera: Then marry me.

Tanet: Huh?

Veera breaks the hug and gets up from the bed. He then pulls something out of his trousers pocket and goes down on one knee.

Veera: Tanet, I  know the first time we agreed to marry each other, it was for our family and business but this time, I want it to be for us. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, Mr.Tanet Wang, will you marry me and make me the happiestman on earth?

Tanet's eyes fill with tears of joy as he nods his head vigorously.

Tanet: YES YES YES...

Veera takes Tanet's hand and puts the ring on his finger.

Tanet: I love you

Tanet: I love you. I love you so so much.

Veera: I love you too baby.

Veera looks at Tanet's face and his gaze falls on his plump, rosy lips. He then looks into Tanet's eyes asking for permission. Tanet takes hold of Veera's collar and pulls him forward, smashing their lips together in a hot and searing kiss.