Chapter 10

It's finally the day of the wedding and Veera is really nervous. He is sitting in the room, fidgeting with his hands as a new phase of his life will start in couple of hours. He hears a knock on his door.

Veera: Come in.

His mom and dad enters the room with a smile.

Veera's mom: Son, It's time for you to get ready.

Veera: Hmm

Veera's dad: Are you nervous?

Veera: Hmm

Veera's dad: Don't be. Everything will be alright. Kla will be coming in a few minutes to help you get dressed.

Veera: Hmm

Veera's parents starts to go out of the room.

Veera: Dad

Veera's dad: Hmm

Veera: Waan

Narong gets a bit tensed hearing his daughter's name.

Veera's dad: She is Okay. I know where she is staying.

Veera: Did you..

Veera's dad: No, I didn't inform her about the wedding. Let's talk to her after the ceremony.

Veera: Dad, I need you to forgive her. She did what she thought was best at that moment. We cannot blame her for choosing her life over others.

Veera's dad: We never blamed her son. We just wish she trusted us enough to confide in us.

Veera: Hmm

Veera's dad: Don't worry. I will talk to her and sort things out after the wedding.

Veera: Dad, will she be upset that I am getting married to Tanet.

Veera's dad: I don't see a reason for her  to be upset. She clearly said he doesn't love him. She is the one who ended the relationship. So why are you feeling guilty.

Veera: I

Veera's dad: Stop thinking unnecessary things and get ready.

Veera: Okay

Soon Kla comes and helps Veera to get dressed. Veera looks at himself in the mirror and lets out a sigh.

Kla: Why this long face? You are getting married to the one you love

Kla: Why this long face? You are getting married to the one you love. You are supposed to be happy.

Veera: How am I supposed to be happy when this marriage is the result of a heartbreak between two people I love, my sister and my first love. I...I said yes for the marriage and convinced myself that it is the right thing to do. But what if my sister regrets her decision? What if she wants him back?

Kla: She doesn't want him back.

Veera: How do you know that?

Kla: I know that and you just need to trust me on that.