Chapter 26

Tanet looks at the guitar that he is holding in his hands in awe. He could not believe that it's the same guitar that he wanted for so long.

Tanet: Phi, how did you...

Veera: Do you remember when you saw this guitar in the music store for the first time 3 years ago?

Tanet: Hmm.

Flashback:

Tanet just finished his classes and he decides to visit the music store to get his guitar strings repaired as it broke during their gig.

Tanet enters the store and smiles at the sales person who approached him.

Salesman: Hello. How can I help you Sir?

Tanet: Phi, my guitar strings snapped and I need to get it repaired urgently.

Salesman: No problem. I will get it fixed right away.

Tanet: Thank you.

While he was waiting for his guitar, he decided to check out the new instruments in the shop. As he browsed through the music instruments, one of the guitars hanging on the wall caught his attention. He gently ran his hand on the guitar and sighed.

Tanet: You are so beautiful. I wish I could make you mine.

Tanet knew he could not afford the guitar as he did not have the budget to buy it and asking his dad for money is out of question as he is already pissed off with his obsession for music. He decides to come back later when he has gathered enough cash from his music gigs. But later when he came back to the music store, the store owner told him that someone already bought the guitar. He was heartbroken after hearing that.

Flashback ends.

Tanet: So you were the one who bought it.

Veera: I was passing by the store when I saw you looking at the guitar longingly. But you looked disappointed after checking your wallet. After you left the store that day, I approached the shop owner and bought the guitar. I wanted to give you the guitar as a birthday gift as your birthday but...

Tanet: I broke your heart before that by appearing before you as your sister's boyfriend.

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: Why didn't you throw it away or give it to someone else? Why did you hold on to these painful memories?

Veera: Because memories were all I had. These small things represented you and I could not let go off anything that belonged to you.

Tanet: Phiiii...

Veera: The day I decided to attend your wedding with Waan, I knew everything will change forever. I have to let go off all your memories as I didn't want to cheat on my sister even in my mind. I came back determined to bury all my feelings deep down in my heart and accept you as my sister's husband. But destiny had other plans. You came back into my life when I finally decided to let you go. I didn't want to accept you because I didn't want to go through the pain of losing you after becoming yours. But when you asked me to marry you, I just could not say no. I accepted it eventhough I knew I may be signing in for a life time of pain.

Tanet: But I fell in love with you. I fell so hard that the thought of losing you drove me crazy. Phi, I may sound crazy but I thank God that Waan broke our engagement. If I had married her, I would have never known what true love means because I never felt like this with Waan. I was sad when she broke our engagement but when I saw you with that guy and thought I have lost you, I felt like dying. I couldn't breath. My heart was literally broken into pieces.

Veera: Tanet

Tanet: You can say that I am selfish but I am glad that I didn't marry Waan. I am glad that I am your husband. I am glad that you are mine and only mine. I love you. I love you so much that I am willing to do anything for you.

Veera looks at Tanet with a smile and pulls him onto lap.

Veera: Anything?

Tanet: Hmm, anything.

Soon the smile turns into smirk as he moves his mouth close to Tanet's ears. He then gently whispers into his ears.

Veera: Then, be mine. Let me make love to you. Let me take you to heights where you have never been.

A shiver runs through Tanet's body as he hears those words.

Tanet: But I am frightened of heights.

Veera: Just let go off your fears. I promise, I will catch you if you fall.

Tanet: Then make me yours. Love me with all your heart and make love to me to your heart's content.

Veera gets up swiftly carrying Tanet in his arms and looks into his eyes with a glint.

Veera: It's going to be a long night baby.

Tanet hides his face in the crook of Veera's neck and blushes as Veera carries him into their bedroom.