Chapter 14

Veera: She is with Niran in Chiang mai.

Tanet looks at Veera in shock.

Tanet: Wha...What do you mean by saying she is with Niran? Are they...

Veera just nods his head. He could see pain in Tanet's eyes.

Tanet: When did you know?

Veera: On the day of our wedding. Kla was looking for her and he told me about her whereabouts.

Tanet: When did they...

Veera: I don't know. I didn't contact her. I wanted to tell you first before I did anything further. She has wronged you Tanet and you are the one who need to ask her for answers.

Tanet: I.. I don't want to know P. I don't want to see them or talk to them. I loved them so much P. Why didn't they just tell me that they like each other? I would be hurt but I would have understood.

Tears start flowing down Tanet's eyes. Veera pulls him into his arms and hugs him tight.

Veera: Sh..sh..stop crying Tanet. What they did to you is not your fault. You need to stop hurting yourself for other's mistakes.

Tanet: It hurts so much P. The girl I loved with all my heart and my bestfriend cheated on me. She could have broken up with me instead of breaking me like this.

Veera gently runs his hand on Tanet's back trying to sooth him. His sobs reduce gradually and his breathing becomes shallow and steady. Veera looks down and see Tanet lying on his chest with his eyes closed. He has cried himself to sleep. Veera tries to break the hug and lie him on the couch but Tanet whines and tightens his hold on Veera. Veera finally give up and adjust himself on the couch with Tanet lying on top of him. He closes his eyes and slowly drifts into sleep.

Tanet wakes up feeling groggy. It's completely dark in the room. He tries to get up but something was holding him down. He looks up and is surprised to see that he is lying on Veera's body. He tries to remove Veera's hand gently, not to wake him up.

Veera: Tanet...

Tanet looks up to find Veera already looking at him.

Tanet: I am sorry for sleeping on you. Your body must be aching badly.

Tanet tries to get up but Veera holds him down. Tanet looks at Veera and their eyes lock.

Veera: Tanet

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Can I ask you something?

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Can we give this marriage a chance?

Tanet looks at Veera in shock.

Tanet: Are you serious P?

Veera: Hmm. We can try giving ourselves a chance. If it does not work, we can still be friends. What do you think?

Tanet does not say anything and the silence made Veera uncomfortable.

Veera: I am sorry if this makes you uncomfortable. Just forget whatever I said.

Veera loosens his hold around Tanet's waist and slowly removes his hand. But he is startled when Tanet hugs him tight.

Veera: Tanet

Tanet: Please don't let go off me. I want to try this. I want to give this marriage a chance P.

Veera looks at Tanet and a smile appears on his face seeing his dimpled smile.

Veera: Let's do it.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera hugs Tanet back and they both feel relieved and happy after a long time. They remain like that for few seconds and then let go off each other.

Veera: Lunch?

Tanet: Hmm. I am feeling hungry.

Veera: Let's make something.

They both enter the kitchen and decides to make a simple rice with pork curry. Tanet washes the rice and puts it in the rice cooker while Veera takes care of the meat. Soon rice and curry ready for serving. They both freshen up and then set the table for lunch.

Veera: Let's eat.

Tanet: Hmm

They were half way through the lunch when Veera's phone starts ringing. He looks at the screen and then at Tanet.

Tanet: Who is it?

Veera: It..its Waan.

Tanet: Answer your call P.

Veera: Are you sure?

Tanet: Yes

Veera answers the call and keeps it on speaker mode.

Veera: Hello

Waan: Hello P.

Veera: Hmm

Waan: How are you P?

Veera: How do you think I am Waan?

Waan: I know you are angry with me but I didn't have a choice.

Veera: You could have told the truth Waan.

Waan: I tried P but I just didn't have the courage to tell the truth that....

Veera: That you are in love with your fiancee's bestfriend.

Waan: P..

Veera: It's not wrong to fall out of love with someone but it's wrong to lead someone on while you are seeing someone else. You let someone dream about a beautiful life with you and then broke those dreams with your own hands. Do you know how painful it is for Tanet? He lost his fiancee and his bestfriend on the same day.

Waan: P, it's not that simple. Please give me a chance to explain my side. Can you meet me today?

Veera looks at Tanet who is also listening to the conversation. He thinks for a minute and then comes to a decision.

Veera: I will meet you at my condo around 4 pm. But I want you to bring Niran with you.

Waan: But..

Veera: There is no but Waan. Either you come with Niran or you don't come at all.

Veera disconnects the call after that without listening to Waan's words.

Tanet: P

Veera: Let's hear what they have to say and get this done with. These unresolved issues are going to cause you pain and stress. I don't want you to go through this pain of uncertainty and betrayal anymore.

Tanet: Will you be with me?

Veera: Always.