Chapter 20

Kla just finished his meeting. He decided to call it a day as he is feeling tired. He packs his things and head towards Veera's cabin to handover an important file. He knocks on the door and enters the room.

Kla: Veera, I

He looks at Veera and is stunned to see the one person he has never expected to see again.

Kla: Nat...Nat Rattana.

Nat: Hey buddy

Nat: Hey buddy. Long time, no see.

Kla: A**hole. Where have you been all these years? I missed you.

Kla hugs Nat as Veera watches them with a smile on his face.

Nat: I missed you too. Specially your curse words.

All three of them start laughing after hearing that.

Kla: When did you come to Thailand?

Nat: Yesterday.

Kla: Did you meet him?

Nat: Hmm.

Kla: How is he?

Nat: Good. Happily married with a baby girl.

Kla: Oh!!! I am so sorry to...

Nat: Why are you sorry. He is happily married to me for last two years and we have a 6 month baby girl Nysa.

Nat shows off his wedding ring and laughs.

Kla: What? How the hell did that happen?

Nat: Destiny. We met again and something clicked in his heart this time.

Kla: Congratulations dude. I am so happy for you.

Nat: Kiet's parents also accepted us and they wanted to meet their granddaughter. So we came down to Bangkok.

Kla: That's awesome Nat. After what happened back in high school, I never thought they would accept your love.

Nat: Well, everything depends on your destiny. He was written in my destiny. That's why what started as a prank by you two became my destiny.

Kla: We are sorry for what we did back then Nat. It started of as an innocent prank to pull you out of your shell but then things just got so serious that it got out of our hands. When you were confronted by Keit, we didn't have the guts to say we are the ones who wrote those love letters in Keit's name. We tried to tell you when you started getting serious but you wouldn't even listen to us.

Nat: Veera confessed everything. At that time I was so lost in my love for Keit that nothing else mattered. I just wanted to be with him. But then the reality of the letters hit me when I confessed by love to him. At first I was devastated when he said he never loved me or wrote a letter to me. I felt like a fool and didn't want to be in the same place as him. So I quit school and moved abroad. I tried to forget him but he was always on my mind. So, I kept myself busy to avoid thinking of him. Then three years back, he came to my company as a  client. I acted like I didn't know him but destiny made us spend more and more time together as I was in charge of his project. Slowly we started talking and then he admitted that even though he didn't write the letter, he did like me. He denied it because he was afraid of his parents and didn't want to ruin my life. But he was shocked when I left school midyear. He missed me and kept on searching for me until he found me. He said he came with this project just to meet me. I felt overwhelmed by his  confession and I cried like a kid. Since that day, we met regularly and by the end of the project, I proposed. He accepted eventhough he knew his parents would oppose. We got married in US without the consent of our parents. It took them two years to finally accept us.

Kla: Wow!!! What a great love story. I am so happy for you Nat.

Nat: Hmm. If I had known that you guys were behind those letters at that time, I would have taken my revenge because the pain I felt during those years knowing he will never be mine was unbearable. But now,  I can forgive you because I got the love of my life because of those letters.

Veera: Well, God did take your revenge.

Nat: What do you mean?

He looks at Veera but he does not say anything.

Nat: Kla

Kla looks at Veera once and then tells Nat everything about Veera's love story.

Nat: Shit man. Your situation is more painful than mine. Seeing your love with someone especially your sibling is unbearable. I feel bad for you buddy.

Kla: Well, there is a twist in his story also.

Nat: Huh

Kla: The guy he loves is now his husband.

Nat: Huh

Kla tells him about everything that happened recently in Veera's life.

Nat: Well, what can we say. Destiny is always so strange.

Kla: I agree. By the way,  I thought you would have already met Veera's husband.

Nat: How?

Veera and Nat looks at Kla in a confused manner.

Kla: He came here to meet you. I left
him outside your office an hour back.

Veera: But he never came inside.

Veera quickly picks his phone and dials Tanet's number but the phone is switched off.

Veera felt a bit uneasy about the situation. So he decides to find Tanet as soon as possible.

Veera: I need to leave urgently. I will call you later and we can all have dinner together over the weekend.

Nat: Okay

Veera hugs his friends and runs out of the cabin. He presses the button of the elevator but it's taking too long. He runs down the stairs and soon reach the parking lot.  He gets into the car and tries calling Tanet but the phone is still switched off.

Veera: Where are you Tanet? Why are you unreachable? Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen?

Veera starts the car and drives towards his  condo.