Part Two - Chapter Ten: Heading to Australia

Fernando sighed checking that he had everything, he couldn't believe how quickly 2016 had kicked off and they were now preparing to travel to Australia for two weeks on a royal visit. 

Fernando could only imagine what was waiting for their family when they reached the other side of the world; it was going to be a long trip and he hoped that Nora and Bojan would be okay. 

The couple had been so busy since the New Year had come around and they were hoping that the trip to Australia would be good for them; it wasn't going to be easy with two young children but they hoped that it would work. 

"Do you have everything?" Vanessa asked walking into the living room with Bojan balanced on her hip; she was a little nervous about their first royal tour as a family. 

Fernando nodded his head and smiled over at his wife, he had no idea what to expect when they went to Australia but it was just another part of his new life as King Consort. 

There was no denying that Vanessa was a little nervous about the fact that they were going to be away for two weeks; she dreaded to think about what they could possibly come back to when they were done. 

"Relax amor... everything will be fine," Fernando reassured with a smile on her face, he knew that she was nervous and he was sure that they could handle whatever happened while they were in Australia. 

Nora was looking forward to the trip and since Olalla had already claimed her for the coming summer because she hadn't seen her daughter since last year; it was the only holiday that Fernando might get with his eldest child. 

Vanessa nodded her head, she knew that Fernando was right but she couldn't shake the feeling that she was forgetting something; she hated when she had this feeling and she hoped it would go away.

***

Fernando leant back in his chair as he settled in for the long flight, he watched Nora as she settled in to watch the movie that was playing; he was glad that there was some way of keeping her occupied for a couple of hours. 

Anoushka and Cameron were sat at the back of the plan discussing what would be happening when the royal family reached their destination; the two were bickering between themselves about how they should do everything. 

"You'd think that they'd just get it over with," Vanessa murmured moving to sit down next to her husband, she peeked back at the two assistants wondering how long it would take them to do something about the chemistry between them. 

Fernando chuckled and looked at his wife, she looked so much more relaxed now and he was glad that Vanessa was so much calmer than she had been before they left home. 

Bojan was happily napping and Nora was distracted with her movie, the flight was peaceful for now and the couple hoped that it would last for as long as possible. 

Vanessa leant back in her chair and took a deep breath, she couldn't remember the last time they had time like this to just sit around; she had been so busy with coronation plans and the government preparing for next year's election. 

Charlotte's wedding was also quickly approaching and plans were being thrown in to place for her marriage to Henri; Joseph seemed so busy with his new girlfriend that Vanessa hadn't seen much of her younger brother. 

"Have you seen Joseph recently?" Vanessa asked looking to Fernando, she couldn't actually recall the last time that she had seen her younger brother.

The last time that Vanessa could remember seeing Joseph was Christmas and he had been making plans with Grace to go on holiday, she guessed that she was a little surprised that he hadn't said anything to her about it. 

Fernando shook his head and smiled at Vanessa, he was sure that Joseph was fine and was keeping out of trouble; he could only hope that if something was wrong then the younger man would say something to his sisters. 

Vanessa and Charlotte were pretty busy with their own lives right now, there was so much happening and Fernando knew that Joseph wasn't at that stage in his life just yet; he had recently finished university and getting settled back in Andorra hadn't been easy for him. 

"I'm sure he is fine," Fernando reassured gently, he remembered what he had been like when he had first started dating Vanessa and he hadn't been able to pull himself away from her; he guessed the same was true for his brother-in-law with Grace. 

Vanessa nodded her head, she was sure that Fernando was right but she couldn't shake the feeling that her brother was hiding something from her; she had never seen him so secretive before and it was starting to worry her. 

Joseph had been spending a lot of time with Grace, he was always with her and when he was he didn't contact his family the entire time; Vanessa could only imagine that this was because he was in love with Grace. 

Fernando wrapped an arm around Vanessa and kissed her, he was sure everything was going to be okay and he hoped that Joseph knew that if he was having any sort of problem then he could talk to his sisters. 

Vanessa smiled into the kiss, she truly felt that things could not have been better for them right now; she loved Fernando and they had the perfect little family, she doubted it would be long before they had a couple of new additions to their family.

***

Vanessa stretched as she stood from her seat, they had finally landed in Australia after their twenty-two hour flight and an hour layover in a couple of places; it had been an extremely long day and Vanessa was glad that it was nearly over. 

Fernando picked Bojan up and balanced the ten month old on his hip, he couldn't believe that it was fast approaching his son's birthday and he hoped that it would be a good one. 

"Are you ready?" Anoushka asked looking to Vanessa, it wasn't going to be easy and they would have a lot of people waiting to greet the royal family; it was rare for the Andorran royals travelled away from the country on royal visits. 

Vanessa nodded her head as she made sure that Nora had everything, she couldn't imagine how hot it was going to be outside of the plane but she was sure they would be fine. 

Anoushka made sure that everything was prepared, the royal couple would have to get used to people staring at them every chance that they got; this trip would be good for relations between Andorra and Australia. 

Bojan fussed in his father's arms, his little arms waved about and he babbled wanting his mother to take him; he was so close to saying his first word that Vanessa and Fernando were sure that it would happen soon. 

Vanessa sighed moving to take Bojan, she could only imagine the slight temper tantrum that was brewing because he had been coped up on the flight over. 

Fernando smiled watching Vanessa with their son, he was sure that they would be fine on this trip and he knew that a lot of things had been planned; the nanny was here with them as well in case the couple needed any help. 

Moving to leave the plane, Vanessa wondered just what would be waiting for them during their stay in Australia; she hoped that it would go well for them.