Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Two: Baby Number Two

Vanessa flipped through the morning newspaper, the front headlines were covered in the news that she was expecting her second child; things had been so quiet in the last few weeks and she hoped that it would stay that way. 

The announcement had gone out two weeks earlier that she was pregnant and everything seemed to be going well, the country was abuzz with the news that there would be another royal baby before the year was out.

 There was also good news on the Stefan front, he would be spending a long time in prison and it had been rumoured that Maria had fled the country when the country when his sentence had been announced. 

Vanessa sighed setting down the papers, she was hopeful that her mother wouldn't be coming back; she didn't want any more drama in her life with everything else that was going on. 

Fernando walked into the room and ran his fingers through his hair, he had been talking to Nora who was still at her mother's spending time with her and her half-sister. 

Things had been pretty tense recently and Fernando was far from happy with Aaron's anti-monarchy views, he wished Olalla would shut him up when he was around Nora. 

"Olalla and Aaron are coming to visit next month," Fernando revealed sitting down next to Vanessa, they had a scan later that afternoon and were hopeful that they would find out the gender of their second child. 

The couple had recently celebrated five years together and Vanessa had been genuinely surprised how much their lives had changed; she was Queen and they were expecting their second child together. 

Vanessa sighed, she wasn't looking forward to having Aaron around and she hoped that Olalla would have him on his best behaviour; the press were already thrilled with the way things were working out with Nora's step-father and his big mouth.

***

"Everything looks great," Charles Francis said smiling at Vanessa, the pregnancy was moving along perfectly just as her first had done and the entire country was eagerly awaiting news of the royal baby. 

Bojan was a public favourite and every day the little boy was adorable, his parents had done well to keep him and Nora out of the limelight when they could; they had limited the press access to the children wanting them to enjoy their childhood while they could. 

Fernando sighed in relief and kissed Vanessa, he was glad that everything was going well especially after what had happened in June; it had worried him that Stefan's actions would affect the baby in some way. 

The couple were trying to keep things as calm as possible after what had happened with Stefan, they wanted things to be calmer now that he was serving time in prison for what he had tried to do. 

"I trust everything is in place for the little ones birth," Charles mused looking at Vanessa, it was going to be different than when she gave birth to Bojan; she had been crown princess then now she was the queen. 

The entire country was already celebrating the news that Vanessa was going to have another baby, it was vital that the route to the hospital was planned out carefully so that nothing delayed Vanessa arriving at the hospital. 

Fernando nodded his head, he had everything planned out and had their security double checking everything even if the baby wasn't due for another couple of months. 

The last thing that Fernando wanted was for them to be unprepared for their second child's birth, he wanted everything to run as smoothly as it had done when they were going to have Bojan.

"Would you like to know the gender?" Charles asked turning to look at the couple as he worked on Vanessa's file, he hadn't been able to tell them last time since the baby had been in the wrong position but he could this time. 

Vanessa and Fernando looked at one another, they had talked about it and they were eager to know what they were going to have; they wanted to keep the gender between themselves this time. 

They didn't want any leaks and the royal couple were very much the focus of attention right now, people were even starting to question when Charlotte and Henri would welcome their first child into the world. 

"You're having a little girl," Charles informed them, it was wonderful news and he was one of the few that would be in on the secret; he was saddened to think that this could be his last royal delivery. 

Charles was considering retirement after being the royal doctor for more than thirty years, he had delivered most of the royal babies since he had taken up the position. 

Kissing Vanessa, Fernando grinned at the news that he was going to have another baby girl and it was his first with his wife; he was so excited and he knew that Nora and Bojan would be thrilled with the idea of having a baby sister. 

The couple had already started a list of names that they wanted to use for their baby, they would finally be able to focus on girls names and they had several that they were actually considering. 

Fernando pulled back from Vanessa, he was determined to make sure that his family remained safe, he wasn't going to risk them for anything and he knew that Olalla's visit was going to be tense.

***

"Why do we have to go there?" Aaron asked frowning as he watched Olalla, the last thing that he wanted was to spend any time with Fernando and his family; he disliked them and he wanted nothing to do with them. 

The royal spongers were nothing but trouble and Aaron wished that Nora would come home and live with them; he didn't want her head filled with anymore nonsense and he wanted her to focus on her education and get a good job. 

"I promised Nando that we would visit," Olalla replied annoyed that her husband wasn't letting this go, she knew that he was never going to like the idea of royalty but she wished for Nora's sake that he would keep his opinions to himself. 

Scoffing Aaron shook his head, he didn't know why Olalla let Fernando get away with all of this; he hadn't come back to London since he had left to be with his royal bride and he doubted he cared what was going on here. 

"Listen if you don't want to come then don't," Olalla snapped tired of his complaints, he had spent days belittling Nora's tales about her life in Andorra and Olalla was tired of it. 

She had already warned him not to cause a divide between their daughters, she wanted Nora and Isabel to get along when they were older not be fighting because of something so petty. 

Nora was doing so well at school and Olalla could see being there was good for her, she was already talking about what she wanted to do when she grew up and Olalla was so proud of her. 

Aaron was silent for a moment as he stared at Olalla, she had never snapped at him like that before and he didn't like it; he walked out of their bedroom leaving a distressed Olalla behind. 

Olalla only wished to go to Andorra to see what her eldest daughter's life was like, she felt so cut off from Nora with her living in Andorra while she was stuck in London with Aaron and Isabel.