Part Two - Chapter Fifteen: Getting the Blessing

Vanessa yawned as she padded into the kitchen and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, she smiled to herself as she wondered what was going to happen next; she wanted nothing more than to crawl back into bed and cuddled with Fernando.

Vanessa brushed some hair from her face as she flicked the kettle on, she knew that things were going to be tense for a while but she hoped things would settle down soon.

The Andorra races were due to start in the next couple of days, Vanessa and Fernando were expected to attend along with the rest of the royal family; they were looking forward to the day even if they would be on show for the entire world.

Vanessa had no idea what was going to happen when they were there, the children weren't old enough to attention and she wasn't fond of leaving them alone for long either even if they were going to be with the nanny.

Nora was back at school and Bojan was spending a lot of time with the nanny with both of his parents so busy now that they were back in Andorra; they had duties to attend to but they did try to find time for their children and each other.

"Good morning," Anoushka greeted with a smile stepping into the kitchen, she knew it was early in the morning but there were things that needed to be doing.

Anoushka hated that she had to disturb Vanessa but she had urgent appointments that needed to be dealt with at that moment; things had changed since the brunette had become Queen even if she hadn't had her coronation yet.

"I have some appointments for you today plus Dr. Gomez has requested an audience with you," Anoushka revealed looking at Vanessa, she wasn't sure why Joseph's boyfriend had requested an audience but it seemed important and she knew that he wouldn't ask if it wasn't.

***

Vanessa took a deep breath and brushed down her skirt as she sat down, her feet were killing her and the heels that she was wearing were starting to rub; she couldn't wait until this day was over and she hoped that her next appointment was short.

Vanessa couldn't wait to get home to her family, she was away from them a lot since she conducted her appointments at the palace instead of their home; she didn't want to intrude on that life with her royal duties unless it was important.

Vanessa couldn't imagine what would happen when she was actually Queen, she was sure that she would find some way to balance her life because she didn't want to let her children slip through her fingers.

"Doctor Ethan Gomez, Your Majesty," the butler announced walking into the room, he bowed his head in respect before stepping aside to allow Ethan to step into the room; he moved out of the room leaving the two alone.

Ethan swallowed nervously as he looked at Vanessa, he had done a lot of thinking in the couple of weeks since he had meet his boyfriend's sisters but he knew that this was different.

"Ethan," Vanessa greeted with a smile as she got to her feet, she wasn't sure what Ethan could possibly want by visiting her but she knew he wouldn't have come for nothing.

Vanessa moved forward to hug Ethan, she was rather fond of her brother's boyfriend and she hoped that things went well for them; she wanted Joseph to be happy and Ethan clearly made him so.

"It's wonderful to see you again," Vanessa said smiling, she stepped back curious about why he wished to see her; she hoped that everything was okay between him and her brother.

Ethan smiled at Vanessa, he was a little nervous about what he was about to do but he hoped that this would be okay; he was worried that Vanessa would turn him down and turn him away.

"So what can I do for you?" Vanessa asked moving to sit down, she patted the couch glad that this day was nearly over so that she could head home; she wanted to see her children before they went to bed that night.

Vanessa watched as Ethan sat down across from her, she was sure that Ethan had a good reason for requesting a meeting with her especially if Joseph wasn't with him; she had a small idea that she knew where this was going.

"I wanted to ask for your blessing," Ethan mumbled starting to feel sick, he wanted this to go well and he had no idea how to manage this; he was just glad that Vanessa had been so welcoming to him.

Ethan had worried that Joseph would never be ready to tell his family about the fact that he was gay; his grandfather hadn't accepted him and he had never the chance to tell his father.

"My blessing?" Vanessa replied a smile on her face, she was happy to see things working out for her brother; she wanted Joseph to have a family of his own and have someone to love.

Vanessa didn't care who her younger brother loved as long as he was happy, that was what mattered; she didn't think that there was anyone that would want Joseph to be miserable.

Joseph very clearly loved Ethan and there was no denying how happy he looked with his boyfriend; it was only going to be a matter of time before they wanted to take the next step.

"I would like to ask Joseph to marry me," Ethan explained nervously, he had never thought he would have a chance to do something like this; same-sex marriage was legal in Andorra now and the couple had already discussed what they would do to have a baby in the future.

Ethan wanted to marry Joseph and to do that he needed Vanessa permission, the main reason that he had asked for this meeting; he wanted nothing more than to do this right to make Joseph happy.

Vanessa raised an eyebrow at Ethan, she should have seen this coming and she was a little surprised that Ethan looked so nervous about what was happening; she didn't think that she was so scary to talk to.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with Joseph," Ethan continued, he looked at Vanessa wanting nothing more than to prove himself to the Queen; he knew his life would change when he became a royal.

Ethan had watched how Fernando had gone from football player to King Consort and he didn't care what it took as long as he was with Joseph; he would do anything to be with the man that he loved.

Vanessa stared at Ethan not saying a word, she had never thought that she would be in this position just yet; she had thought the first time that she gave someone her blessing to marry would be in a few years.

"I know this is a big ask, but this is what I want," Ethan mumbled starting to think that Vanessa was going to say no, he wouldn't blame her if she did and he would try again another time.

Joseph had no idea that he was here today, he thought that Ethan was at a conference for the hospital that he worked at; Ethan hadn't wanted to get Joseph's hopes up.

"Ethan relax... you have my blessing," Vanessa said with a smile, she had no idea why he had thought she would say anything else when she saw how much he loved her and that's what mattered to her.

It was silent in the room for a moment, Ethan stared at Vanessa for a moment as the news slowly started to sink in; he couldn't believe that she had said that. Ethan had never thought that she would say yes, he couldn't believe that he could ask Joseph now.