Part One - Chapter Ten: Speaking to Nora

“It’s nice to see you again Olalla,” Vanessa said nervously stepping into the home that Olalla shared with her husband; they were here to discuss things and tell Nora about their engagement.

Olalla forced a smile and nodded at Vanessa, she felt a little strange seeing the brunette again now that she knew that she was a princess; it made her wonder how to act around her.

“Papa,” Nora squealed excitedly, she rushed out of the living room having heard her father and Vanessa arrive; she had missed him while he had been away and he was glad that he was back.

Fernando moved to hug his daughter, he didn’t know what he would do if anything happened to her; he was just glad that she was enrolled in a school that would be able to protect her.

“I missed you… the people with cameras won’t leave us alone,” Nora whispered cuddling into Fernando’s arms, she didn’t like the paparazzi and she didn’t understand why they followed her and her mother around everywhere that they went.

Vanessa swallowed, their engagement hadn’t been announced yet and when it was all of this was going to get worse; she felt horrible that Nora was going to be in the middle of it.

“It’ll be okay… they won’t ever hurt you,” Fernando promised ignoring the look that Olalla offered him, they were going to talk about this over dinner and he was going to ensure nothing hurt Nora.

Olalla frowned a little, she didn’t want Fernando making promises that he couldn’t keep; she had seen how the paparazzi had treated royalty and Fernando being tied to Vanessa was only going to only bring trouble.

“There’s something that we need to tell you,” Fernando said softly, he brushed his fingers through Nora’s hair and hoped that she would react well to the news that he was going to marry Vanessa and that they were going to have a baby.

***

“So you’re a princess?” Nora said turning to look at Vanessa after her father had explained to her that Vanessa was royalty; it had been pretty easy telling her that he was going to marry his girlfriend.

Vanessa nodded her head with a small smile, she felt a little nervous to be in Olalla’s home even if the two women did get along; things had changed and she didn’t want to cause any problems.

“Does that mean papa is a prince?” Nora asked curiously, she tilted her head and looked at her father; Fernando had been a footballer all of her life and Nora didn’t know that he could be anything else.

Vanessa chewed on her lip, there were a couple of things that needed to be sorted out and she hoped that it wasn’t going to take much time.

“Of course… he has to marry me first though,” Vanessa said as Fernando took her hand, he didn’t want her being nervous and it was natural that Nora would have questions.

Everything was going to change in the next few weeks, Fernando would be announcing his retirement and he would marry Vanessa next June plus there was the baby coming.

“Will I be a princess when you get married?” Nora asked while her mother stepped out of the room to check on dinner, she wanted to give them some space to talk.

Fernando and Vanessa sat still, this was something that had to be decided since Nora wasn’t Vanessa’s child it meant that she wouldn’t be entitled to the title of princess.

Vanessa was currently speaking to her father about the idea of gifting Nora a title upon Fernando’s marriage to her; it wouldn’t be princess but it would give her a link to her father and his new family.

“Maybe…” Vanessa said truthfully, she peeked at Fernando knowing that they couldn’t just say no especially since they had to tell her that she was going to have a baby brother or sister.

Nora nodded her head, she was happy that her father was going to marry Vanessa since she was a nice lady since her mother was married to Aaron; she didn’t want Fernando being said anymore.

“There is one more thing,” Fernando said smiling, he wasn’t sure how she was going to react but he couldn’t resist telling her now; it would only be a matter of time before it was all over the news.

Vanessa chewed on her lip, she didn’t want to cause any trouble and she was sure that this would be the last thing that they shared with Nora.

“In April next year… you are going to have a baby brother or sister,” Fernando said carefully, he watched Nora wanting to make sure that she didn’t feel pushed out by the news; he knew that Olalla and Aaron were trying for a baby right now and he was sure this was okay.

Nora blinked staring at her father and his fiancée as she took in the news that she was going to be a big sister; she squealed in excitement making Fernando sigh in relief.

***

“Will I get to visit you in Andorra?” Nora asked while she ate her dinner, she peeked over the table at Fernando and Vanessa; she was a little excited since she had never been there before.

Olalla messed with her food, she knew that this was going to happen but she wasn’t sure how she felt about Fernando’s new life; she didn’t want to lose her daughter and she felt a little pushed out.

“Of course, you’ll have your own room,” Vanessa reassured Nora, she peeked at Olalla not wanting to overstep the mark; they would need to speak about custody and it was likely that Fernando wouldn’t see much of his daughter during the year.

Nora nodded her head, she smiled while she started to think about all the things that she could do when she saw her new room; she didn’t even notice the tension in the room.

“Will I get to wear a pretty dress for the wedding?” Nora said continuing to quiz her father and Vanessa, she was super excited about the changes in her life and she liked the idea of Fernando being a prince.

Fernando chuckled and nodded his head, there weren’t any plans yet for the wedding but he already knew that Nora would be a flower girl at the wedding.

Olalla cleared her throat and shot Fernando a pointed look, she didn’t want to cause any problems but she didn’t want him getting carried away right now when there were things to talk about.

“How is work Aaron?” Vanessa asked turning to look at Olalla’s husband, she didn’t want any trouble and they were going to have to think about keeping the peace with Olalla and Aaron when it came to Nora.

Fernando rested a hand on Vanessa’s knee, he didn’t know what he would do if he didn’t have her with him; she was keeping the peace and he loved her for that.

“Work is fine,” Aaron said shortly, he didn’t like the fact that Vanessa was a princess and he didn’t think that there should be any monarchies and he worried that she would corrupt Nora in some way.

Fernando glared at Aaron, he wasn’t sure what his problem was but he hoped that there wasn’t going to be any trouble; he wanted things to go smoothly between them all.

“Can I have dessert now mama?” Nora asked completely unaware of the tension in the room, she smiled sweetly at her mother who nodded her head.