Part Two - Chapter Eleven: I Love You

Vanessa was almost glad to step into their hotel room, she carefully removed her heels as she peeked at Fernando; it had been a long night and the state dinner had seemed to drag on forever.

The children had spent the evening with the nanny and Vanessa was relieved that they had been spared from the duties that their parents had to go through; it would be a while before they would have to join them.

"It's over," Vanessa murmured relieved sitting down on their hotel bed, she rubbed her aching feet knowing that they still had another week in Australia to go.

Fernando nodded his head, his wife looked beautiful in her blue plain jersey maxi dress and he knew that it had been a long night for the both of them; he was almost glad that the children were already in bed since he didn't wish to disturb them.

"Have I told you today how beautiful you look?" Fernando asked undoing his tie, he smiled walking across the room towards Vanessa; he didn't know when the two of them would get a break but he hoped it was soon.

Fernando knew that this tour was important, but the royal couple had enough happening this year that it couldn't have come at a worse time; he could only imagine what was going to happen with a royal wedding and the coronation coming up.

"Maybe once or twice," Vanessa replied smiling, she had no idea where her husband was going with this but she was interested in finding out; she brushed some hair from her face as she watched him.

It had been a difficult few months for the couple but things were finally starting to settle down and things were beginning to pick up again after George's death.

"You look beautiful amor," Fernando murmured offering Vanessa is hand, he wanted to enjoy the fact that they were away for a moment or two; he wanted to enjoy the fact they weren't going to be interrupted in anyway.

Vanessa raised an eyebrow at her husband as she took his hand, he gently pulled her to her feet and into his arms before he kissed her; he held her close as his hands moved to rest on her hips.

Fernando wanted nothing more than to enjoy the night with his wife, she meant everything to him and it had been a while since they'd had a moment to themselves like this.

"I love you," Fernando murmured pulling back to look at Vanessa slowly starting to help her out of her dress, he kissed her again as she started to unbutton his shirt.

The couple couldn't recall the last time they had been alone like this but there was no way anyone could interrupt them now; the children were in a separate room with the nanny and everyone else was busy.

Vanessa brushed her fingers through her husband's brown hair, he had stuck with the one colour for a while now and she was starting to get used to it; before they had married, he had dyed it every few months and she had always been surprised by his choices.

Vanessa's dress dropped to the floor to join Fernando's shirt, the couple moved back to the bed while Fernando toed off his black leather shoes and Vanessa helped him with his trousers.

"I love you," Vanessa whispered smiling at her husband, she couldn't believe that they had been married for nearly a year now; it didn't seem real and she had never been happier.

Fernando kissed Vanessa moving back onto the bed, he had to admit that he liked the blue perfect shape bra and matching crochet hip-hugger panties that his wife was wearing.

Vanessa was everything that Fernando wanted and he didn't see the harm in at least trying for another baby at that moment.

***

Fernando wrapped his arms around Vanessa and held her close, he tried to calm his breathing as his wife cuddled into his side; they were silent as they tried to relax after their activities.

Vanessa closed her hazel eyes and listened to her husband's heartbeat, she had no idea what she was going to do when they returned to Andorra and things got busy again; she was just going to enjoy what time she had with her husband and their children.

"I've missed this," Fernando mused smiling at his wife, he brushed his fingers through her hair and wondered to himself when they would get time like this again; he hoped to have plenty of chances when it came to spending more time with his wife than anyone else.

Vanessa nodded her head and smiled, she was tired and the long day that they had endured had taken a lot out of them; she couldn't remember having a moment to herself all day and the constant smile she had to wear made her jaw ache.

"We are going to the zoo tomorrow," Vanessa murmured starting to drift off, she was tired and they had an early morning tomorrow that she wasn't looking forward to; she wanted to sleep in just once on this trip.

Fernando nodded his head and stared at the ceiling, he had no idea what was going to happen but he hoped that the trip would be easy; he wanted the children to have a good time.

Nora and Bojan weren't able to go to a lot of the things that their parents were but they deserved to enjoy the trip to Australia like their parents; the nanny had day trips planned for them and it would keep them occupied while their parents dealt with everything else.

Vanessa and Fernando weren't pleased with the amount of time that they would be away from their children, it was the reason that they had insisted on some family trips they could do together.

The last thing they wanted to do was spent the entire trip away from their children, they were here as a family and that came first to them.

***

Joseph took a deep breath as he stepped into Grace's apartment, he closed the door quickly behind him leaving his security guard outside; he was glad to be away from prying eyes and he needed help.

Grace looked up from the couch and stared at Joseph, she sighed at the look of distress on his face and set down the magazine that she had been reading; she had a feeling that she knew what this was about.

"I don't know why you just don't tell them," Grace murmured getting to her feet and moving to put the kettle on, she could see that Joseph's secret was eating him alive; she hated that he wouldn't tell his family and she knew they wouldn't care.

Joseph shook his head, he had once told his grandfather his secret hoping that he could trust him; however Arthur had been far from supportive and it had put Joseph telling anyone else ignoring his two sisters.

"You know I can't," Joseph replied sitting down on the couch, he watched Grace from across the room and he had no idea what he would ever do if his secret was revealed; it scared him that he could lose his entire family.

Grace sighed shaking her head, she knew that if Joseph carried on like this then he would lose everyone in his life; she doubted anyone was going to care about his secret when it wasn't even that bad.

Not everyone was going to react like Arthur had ten years earlier, Joseph was a wonderful man but this secret was eating him alive and Grace knew that there was only so much she could do to help him.

Joseph watched Grace, he had no idea what he would ever do without her but she had been keeping his secret for a while now.

###

Author's Note:

If you like this story please check out @kw1479's new story, The Princess and The Footballer; it's a Sergio Ramos story x