Part One - Chapter Three: I'm a Princess

“Let me get this straight… you are a princess,” Fernando said slowly staring at Vanessa as he tried to take in what she had just told him; he took a deep breath knowing that he wasn’t expecting this.

Vanessa nodded her head, she had confessed to everything and had tried to explain why she had kept him in the dark; she watched him nervous about how Fernando was going to react.

“And you didn’t tell me because you didn’t want me to treat you any differently,” Fernando said wondering if he was on some hidden camera show right now, he didn’t believe what he was being told for a moment and he wondered what had gotten into Vanessa.

Vanessa nodded her head again, she felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders and she hated that she hadn’t told him sooner; she just hoped that this wouldn’t end badly.

“Okay where are the hidden cameras?” Fernando said looking around, he got to his feet and started to search for the cameras wondering why Vanessa was telling him this.

Vanessa closed her eyes, she wished that there was some easier way to do this and Fernando had every right to be upset with her about what was happening.

“Nando please,” Vanessa said looking at her boyfriend, she didn’t want him to react like this and she had hoped that they could talk about this calmly.

Fernando snorted turning to look at Vanessa, he didn’t understand where all of this was coming from; they had been so happy and now she was spinning tales about her being a princess to a small island.

“This has to be a joke… I would know if you were a princess Vanessa,” Fernando said sure that he would know this, he looked at Vanessa wondering what was going on and if there was another secret that she trying to hide from him for no reason.

Vanessa sighed looking down at her hands, she needed to prove to him that she was telling the truth and she didn’t know what would happen when she did.

Vanessa didn’t want to lose Fernando and she wished that there was some way to make this better, however the damage had been done.

“Google me,” Vanessa said picking up Fernando’s mobile from the coffee table and holding it out to him, she chewed at her lip knowing that this was the only way.

Fernando carefully took his mobile and looked at her, he didn’t understand why she was pushing this; her joke wasn’t funny and he didn’t want to believe that she had kept this from it.

“Vanessa Sophia Olivia Bellcroft… Google it,” Vanessa said quietly, she felt her heartbreaking and she knew that there was a chance that they weren’t going to survive this.

Fernando slowly did as his girlfriend asked, he swallowed as the page slowly loaded and it revealed all the information that the footballer needed to see the truth.

Vanessa couldn’t look at Fernando as he scrolled through page after page of information that confirmed that she was HRH the Crown Princess of Andorra.

“Why?” Fernando whispered shocked, his brown eyes looking at Vanessa as he realised that she had been telling him the truth; he couldn’t believe that he hadn’t known that she was someone royal.

Vanessa swallowed, she didn’t deserve to cry right now when it was Fernando that had been hurt and betrayed; she wished that she could take away all of his hurt and pain.

“I don’t want you to look at me differently… when we met, you were so wonderful and I love you so much,” Vanessa said wanting to cry, she watched Fernando stared at her lost; she had a feeling that he was just going to walk out of the door and leave her behind.

“I’m sorry,” Vanessa whimpered watching as Fernando got to his feet and started to pace, she closed her eyes moving to rest a hand on her stomach; they were still expecting a baby together.

Fernando stared at his girlfriend, he was so hurt that she hadn’t felt that she could tell him about this until now; he wanted to walk out and take a break from all of this but he couldn’t do it.

“What does this mean for us?” Fernando said needing to know, he had no idea about royal protocol but he doubted that he was the best candidate to marry into a royal family.

Vanessa looked up at her boyfriend, she stared for a moment and chewed her lip; she truly didn’t know what was going to happen now between them.

“Nothing… I can marry whoever I want and I want you,” Vanessa said trying to reassure Fernando, she wished that she could offer him more and she would answer any of his questions.

Fernando took a deep breath, he didn’t know if he could do that and he wanted a break; he ran a hand through his hair as he tried to focus at the matter at hand.

“And if we don’t marry…” Fernando said knowing that he would always support the child that he was going to have with Vanessa, he just wasn’t sure how he would do that.

Vanessa felt her heartbreak, she swallowed knowing that it was a possibility as was them breaking up; she had to be strong and she knew that it wasn’t going to be easy.

“We’ll still have a beautiful baby… they’d just wouldn’t be my heir to the throne, they would be classed as illegitimate,” Vanessa said hating the final word, she watched Fernando wondering what he was thinking; she messed with the bottom of her top as she waited to see what he would say now.

Fernando nodded his head, he needed time to let this information settle and he couldn’t do this around Vanessa; he didn’t wish to hurt her in anyway or give her false hope.

“I need to think… I’ll stay with Luiz for a few days,” Fernando said knowing that his friend wouldn’t mind, he just wanted some time away and David didn’t like Vanessa; it would allow him to think of this in a rational way.

Vanessa felt her chest constrict, she nodded her head sure that this wasn’t the end of them; she needed to give him time and space and she could do that.

“I’m flying to Andorra next weekend,” Vanessa said quietly, she didn’t want to put Fernando out of their home and she needed to speak with her father and break the news that she was pregnant.

Fernando looked at Vanessa, he took a deep breath before he walked away without saying a word to her; he needed to pack so that he could go and stay with David.

Vanessa watched him go into their bedroom, he closed the door behind him, she felt tears burn her eyes as she started to cry; she didn’t want to cry but she truly feared what was going to lose Fernando.

Vanessa quietly got to her feet and hurried into the spare bedroom that was Nora’s, she was glad that the little girl was currently at her mothers.

Vanessa didn’t want to make this harder on Fernando, he needed time and she knew that she’d dropped a bombshell on him; it would take him some time to get used to it.

Vanessa rested a hand on her bump, she was going to have to start thinking about her and bump; they were going to be alone for a while and she hoped that her father wasn’t going to be too mad about this.

“It’s going to be you and me for a while,” Vanessa whispered closing her hazel eyes, she hoped that Fernando would be able to get used to this and she was sure that he could.

Fernando wouldn’t be the first non-royal to marry into a royal family, Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Charlene and Grace Kelly were people who had done just that.

Vanessa was sure that Fernando would be a wonderful husband and father, she just hoped that those thoughts wouldn’t be blocked out at the idea of being a king.