Part One - Chapter Two: Getting Some Advice

“I love you,” Fernando whispered softly pressing a kiss to Vanessa’s head as she slept, he smiled still feeling happiness pumping through him about the fact that they were going to have a baby.

Fernando slowly climbed out of bed, he had training that morning and he couldn’t be late; he had to focus if he wanted to get back on form especially with a manager like Mourinho in-charge.

Fernando looked back at Vanessa knowing that their lives where here in London, he didn’t want to leave for anything and he was going to make his last two years at Chelsea count before his contract ran out.

Fernando chewed on his lip, he truly didn’t know what would happen when he was out of contract; he hadn’t been the best player in the last few years and his confidence had taken a knock with how bad he had been playing.

Shaking his head, Fernando smiled knowing that in several months he was going to be a father again; the last few days had been amazing since he had learnt that Vanessa was pregnant.

Fernando hadn’t told Nora yet that she was going to have a baby brother or sister, he wanted to make sure that everything was okay with the baby before he told her.

Fernando was sure that Nora would be thrilled at the idea of having a sibling, her mother had recently remarried and Fernando couldn’t have been happier for her.

Fernando padded into the bathroom so that he could get ready, he peeked at the mirror hoping that he would one day get to call Vanessa his wife; he loved her so much and he didn’t know what he would do without her.

Fernando smiled to himself, it wasn’t time to do anything like that but he was hopeful that they would get to that point soon.

***

“I don’t know what I’m going to do,” Vanessa moaned leaning back on the couch, she pulled a pillow over her head wondering how she had gotten herself into this mess.

It had been days since she had found out that she was pregnant and Vanessa still had no idea how she was going to tell Fernando that she was a princess.

Anoushka Jones snorted as she looked at her best friend and boss, she had warned Vanessa to tell before something like this happened.

“You have to tell him… he has a right to know that you are a princess,” Anoushka said looking up from her book, she looked over the top of her glasses at Vanessa who pulled the pillow from her face and glared at her.

Anoushka sighed and closed her book, swinging her body so that her feet touched the floor instead of being over the arm of the chair that she was sat in.

“Listen… Fernando needs to know, he needs to know before you tell your father,” Anoushka said firmly peeking at the clock knowing that Fernando would be home from training soon.

Vanessa groaned wishing that her friend was right, she wished that there was an easy way around this especially since she didn’t want to hurt Fernando in anyway.

However Vanessa doubted that there was any way for her to do that, she had kept him in the dark about the biggest part of her life and there was no hiding who she was.

“I don’t know how to tell him,” Vanessa said looking at Anoushka, she wanted to do this without hurting anyone but there was no way to do that.

Vanessa didn’t know how to sit Fernando down and have this conversation with him, it wasn’t something that she could just blurt out; she was frightened of losing him.

“Van… you have to do this, you can’t keep him in the dark any longer,” Anoushka said knowing that her friend had brought this on herself; she had warned Vanessa and her friend had not listened to her.

Vanessa nodded her head, she sat up trying to think about how she could tell her wonderful boyfriend and father of her unborn child that for the last three years that she had lied to him.

“Besides… your father will want to meet him when you tell him that you’re pregnant,” Anoushka reminded Vanessa, it would be big news for the Bellcroft family and Anoushka had a feeling that this wasn’t going to stay quiet for long.

Anoushka had seen how the press had reacted when the Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Charlene had announced that they were expecting; it was only a matter of time they did the same for HRH the Crown Princess of Andorra.

Vanessa groaned, she didn’t want to think about how her father would react since she knew that he would be thrilled that he was having a grandchild but the child would be illegitimate since she was not married to Fernando.

“You can do this Vanessa… sit down and tell Fernando why you couldn’t share this with him,” Anoushka said getting to her feet and moving to sit beside Vanessa and give her a hug; it wasn’t going to be easy but it had to be done and it had to be done soon.

Vanessa nodded her head, she closed her hazel eyes wishing that she knew what she was going to do it and soon; there was no way that she could get out of what needed doing.

***

Fernando smiled as he unlocked his apartment and stepped inside, he was glad to be home after the training session that he had; he just wanted to curl up with his girlfriend and relax for a few hours.

Anoushka smiled walking past Fernando on her way out, she knew that this wasn’t going to be easy and she hoped that he would listen to what Vanessa had to say.

“Just be easy on her… she did what she did for a reason,” Anoushka said softly, she flashed a weak smile at Fernando as she left knowing that she couldn’t help any more than she had.

Anoushka was Vanessa’s assistant and she had known her since high school, she knew that Vanessa wasn’t going to do anything without a reason and she was sure that it would all work out.

Fernando watched Anoushka leave before he frowned, he had no idea what the dark haired woman was talking about but he knew that it was something to do with Vanessa.

“Nessa… I’m home,” Fernando called walking further into the apartment, he sighed with a small smile when he spotted Vanessa sitting on the couch.

Fernando felt his stomach twist as he looked at his girlfriend, it was written all over her face and he didn’t like it; he didn’t know what was going on, he could see that she was scared and he didn’t understand why.

Vanessa took a deep breath, she was trying to stay calm and collected but she had no idea what would happen when she finally told him.

“We need to talk,” Vanessa said quietly, she felt so nervous about what was going on and she knew that Fernando wasn’t going to be happy when she told him the truth.

Vanessa watched as Fernando moved to sit down, she had to do this it would be like ripping off a band aid and it would be better if she did it quickly.

“I don’t know how to say this… just bear with me,” Vanessa said looking at Fernando, she didn’t want him to hate her and she hoped that she was doing the right thing.

Fernando nodded his head, he didn’t know what was going on but he was never going to be the person that hurt Vanessa; he was sure that it couldn’t be too important.