Part One - Chapter Thirty-Six: Happily Married

Fernando smiled watching Vanessa from a distance, they had been married for a week now and were currently enjoying their very private honeymoon; he leant back in his sun-lounger knowing that they would be heading back to Andorra soon.

Fernando was a little nervous to start his royal duties but he knew that it was his job now, he was sure that his lessons would help with his new role in life.

The couple were missing their children and while Nora was spending much needed time with her mother, Bojan was with Fernando’s parents back in Andorra waiting for his parents to return.

Olalla had taken Nora back to London for two weeks and was enjoying what time she had with her daughter; she was excited about the birth of a second child, another daughter in September.

Fernando shook his head, he didn’t want to think about what Olalla was doing and he was a little disappointed that she was still with Aaron; the man was a tool and the Duke didn’t like him around Nora.

“Thinking about home,” Vanessa teased walking back over to her husband, she brushed her wet hair from her face knowing that he often thought of home even if he didn’t like to admit it.

Fernando nodded his head as he smiled at Vanessa, he hadn’t noticed her returning from the ocean and he knew that she had caught him; he sat up a little to kiss her wanting nothing more to forget about the issues that waited for them back home.

Vanessa kissed Fernando, she missed home just as much as he did but they deserved a break after the last six months; they had welcomed a beautiful little boy into their life and they had planned a massive wedding that people were still talking about back home.

“I love you,” Vanessa whispered pulling back from her husband, she brushed her fingers through his hair knowing that they would be fine for another week; she knew her father or sister would call if anything came up.

“Te amo bonita,” Fernando murmured back as he allowed Vanessa to move away from him, he admired her in her navy print moulded triangle bikini top and fold over print bikini briefs; he thought that she looked beautiful.

Vanessa smiled, she had slowly regained her form after having Bojan and she felt confident at wearing a bikini only two  months after giving birth; she didn’t even care about the stretch marks that she still had from carrying their son.

“I can’t believe that we’ve only been here a week,” Vanessa mused moving to get herself a drink of water, they were staying at a private villa set up for them for their honeymoon.

Vanessa was surprised since it felt longer and she knew that the next few days would fly by, she hoped that they would have a relaxing start back when they returned to Andorra.

Fernando watched Vanessa, he still couldn’t believe that she was his wife even if they had been married for over a week now; he felt like he was dreaming and he didn’t want to wake up from it.

Vanessa stretched her hazel eyes scanning around the area making her curious; it was so peaceful that a war could have broken out and they wouldn’t know about it.

“It’s peaceful here,” Fernando mused softly, he looked at his wife knowing that this was their time and soon he would have to share her; something he wasn’t quite ready for yet.

Vanessa nodded moving to sit down next to Fernando, she smiled as he wrapped his arms around her and held her close; he kissed her neck knowing that this was perfect.

Fernando had no idea what would happen when they returned home but right now he didn’t care, he was just happy that they had this time to themselves.

***

Fernando nibbled down Vanessa’s neck, he couldn’t help himself and he knew that he wouldn’t be able to have time like this in the future; he grinned thinking of how much time they had spent in the bedroom together.

“You have such a dirty mind,” Vanessa laughed knowing what Fernando was thinking of, she smiled up at her husband before she kissed him softly.

Vanessa wasn’t in a hurry to fall pregnant again after having Bojan and she was back on her birth control so that she couldn’t fall pregnant again; she knew that they would have another when they were both ready.

“I can’t help it,” Fernando muttered trailing his fingers eagerly down her body, the couple had headed back inside after spending the day at the beach and couldn’t resist spending their evening wrapped up in their bed sheets.

Vanessa snorted amused before she moaned, she was surprised how sensitive her body was and she hoped that they would have time for this when they got back home.

Fernando wrapped her legs around his waist, his lips eagerly finding hers knowing that he would never have enough of her; she had made him the happiest man in the world and nothing would change that.

“Nando,” Vanessa breathed softly, she stared up at her husband hoping that they wouldn’t be disturbed; she chewed on her lip as Fernando started to kiss down her neck.

The couple had six more days to enjoy themselves before they headed home, they would have two children waiting for them and a new life that was just waiting for them to live it.

Fernando smirked to himself, he loved the way Vanessa said his name when they were alone like this.

***

Charles sighed pulling off his glasses and looking at George, he wasn’t happy with the test results and he knew that there had to be something done before the King worked himself into an early grave.

“You need to abdicate George… you can’t go on like this,” Charles stated knowing that if George didn’t then he wasn’t going to see 2016, he would be dead before the year was out and he was only forty-eight.

Charles wasn’t happy with how George’s blood pressure was and it was starting to affect the King’s life, he wished that there was more that he could do.

“I can’t do that,” George replied shaking his head, he wasn’t going to abdicate and he was sure that he would be able to manage for several more months; Vanessa had only just got married and George didn’t want to ruin her marriage by making her Queen so soon.

Charles starred at George, he knew the man didn’t want to ruin things but it wasn’t as if there was another way around all of this; he wished that his King would see that.

“Your high blood pressure has damaged your heart and coronary arteries… its extensive George,” Charles explained hoping to convince the King to step back and allow his three children to take over for a while; George needed to relax since he was working himself into an early grave.

George took a deep breath, he stared at Charles knowing that he wasn’t going to change his mind; he could manage and nothing was going to change what he had decided.

“How long have I got?” George asked wanting to prepare everything, he wasn’t going to force Vanessa to become Queen before she was ready; she deserved to have her happiness while she could.

Charles stared at the man before him, who was not only refusing to have treatment but was refusing to relax before he killed himself.

“If you don’t slow down… you’ll be dead within eight months,” Charles replied softly, he didn’t want to see that happen but there was nothing that he could do or say to change George’s mind. 

###

Author's Note:

Happy Holidays Everyone xxx