Chapter 1

Manik's  POV

" So what is the plan for new year's eve?? " Raj asked.

" Haven't thought as of now... My grandfather is not well. So can't make a plan as of now. " I said.

" But it is just around the corner. It's Christmas in three days. We can have a party on Christmas too. " Shlok said.

" Oh, no!! I am super busy on Christmas. " Sujal said.

" Of course, every girl in the city is dying to get at least a piece of your cooking to taste. The best and the hottest chef in the city. " Viren teased Sujal and he just smiled.

" He is so good, I literally want to lick my fingers clean if I eat anything made by him," Ron said.

" I wish, I was a chef too. It would have been fun. Cute good looking girls are crazy about him. But he got that talent from his mom while I got it from mine. " Shlok said.

We all nodded as Sneha aunty was the best baker out of all our moms. She passed on all her talent and secret recipes to Sujal.

" Right!! We would have been the most pathetic chefs out of all of us if we had gotten the genes from our mom. Thank god we are not in that business. " Shaurya said.

" Hey, no!! Even I would have been in your category but I would never accept that in front of My mom or she would kill me. " Viren said and we laughed.

Shaurya was an engineer like his dad and Shlok was an architect just like his mom, Damini aunty. And together they started working for Malhotra constructions and real estate company.

" But our mom is a very good cook too, while I can't even boil water in the kitchen. " Raj said.

" Yes, mom and Chachi get scared when he enters the kitchen. " Ron laughed at Raj.

Raj and Ron had joined their family business. Raj was taking care of Rahul uncle's business along with him mainly while Ron was taking care of Priya aunty's family business with aunty mostly.

" Shut up!! You are no better than me. But we are foodies like our dad. " Raj retorted.

" Yes!!  Aren't we all? "  I asked.

" Hmmm... so are you going to join your dad in the USA or your uncle in New Delhi? "  Ron asked.

" My dad has been calling me there but I can't go there leaving all of you here. So as of now, I am working with chachu ( father's younger brother). He is opening yet another showroom in the new year. With every kind of jewellery under one roof. It depends if Mihir wants to go to the USA he can, I would work here and if he wants to work here, I would go there eventually.  "  I said.

We were still talking while having dinner at Sujal's hotel when my phone started ringing.

I looked at the screen and picked up the phone as it was Chachi (Kaki, paternal aunt) on the phone.

" Yes, Chachi? "  I asked. She has always loved me like my own mom.

" Manik, beta, come home right now. Your grandfather... is not more... We all need to go to Surat, immediately. "  She said.

" Oh, God!! When did this happen? "  I closed my eyes and asked.

" Half an hour ago... We are waiting, come fast. Your chachu is in Mumbai, he would reach from there.
Where is Mihir?? He is not even picking up my phone. "  She sounded tense.

" Don't worry, I'll find and bring him along with me. Will reach there in half an hour. You get our stuff packed. "  I assured her.

" Yes, it is getting done while I am speaking to you. "  She said.