Chapter 22

Roshni's POV

It has been an hour and I felt thirsty but there was no water in the room so I went to the kitchen to drink water.

I was drinking water when I heard Manik coming downstairs. It seemed that he was talking to someone. I didn't want to invade his privacy. So I hid behind something.

" No!! I had not slept... Don't worry, you didn't disturb me.  And even if I had slept, I would have woken up to talk to the most important person in my life...... I love you too. Just wait for a minute, I want to eat the Mohan thaal Maharaj Ji had prepared. It was awesome, it reminds me of you. Soft and sweet. " He was saying and looking for his Mohan thaal.

I started feeling very bad all of a sudden. He was talking so sweetly, was he talking to his girlfriend??

Of course, yes!!

I didn't want to hear more but could not leave like this as he was standing here in the dining room. So I kept standing where I was.

Manik's POV

I was not feeling very sleepy thinking about what would have happened if I had not found Roshni today, they spiked her cold drink. Anything could have happened.

I wanted to distract my mind and I thought of eating something. I was sure that there must be a lot of things available in the kitchen or dining room. So I was thinking of going to get something to eat.

Just then the phone rang and I smiled to see the most important woman in my life was calling me.

My mom!!

She had called me when I was eating food and Roshni was sitting near me. My mom asked me about my girlfriend once again. But I didn't want to talk about all that in front of her.

I knew how persuasive my mom could be. So I told her that I was eating food. But now, I had no option as I knew she is going to raise the issue once again.

" Hey, mom!! "

" I hope it is not too late for you. You had not slept, had you??" Mom asked hesitantly.

" No!! I had not slept."

" Are you sure? You have been working so hard, I don't want to disturb your sleep. "  She said while I went downstairs to get something to eat.

" Don't worry, you didn't disturb me.  And even if I had slept, I would have woken up to talk to the most important person in my life. " I said.

" Awww... You know how to flatter your mom. I love you. " She said.

"  I love you too. Just wait for a minute, I want to eat the Mohan thaal Maharaj Ji had prepared. It was awesome, it reminds me of you. Soft and sweet. " I said and she giggled.

" Awww... I am missing you. "  She said.

" Here it is, I swear, I am in love with this... Ummmm!! "  Finally, I found it, took a bite and moaned.

" Manik!! I need to talk to you about something and I know that you are avoiding it. I want to know about the girl in your life. "

"  No!! Why don't you understand? It is too early."  I argued.

" No, It's not !! You need to get married in one year,  I hope you remember that. What is the problem?? Tell me the name of the girl, Mehul and Megha would talk to her parents. " She said.

" No, our relationship just started, we haven't even dated properly. "  I said.

" Yeah, but we have just one year... I am not going to listen to anything tell me the name of the girl or I will ask Mihir. He knows about the girl already and he would not be able to say no to me, you know that. We are going to talk to her parents this week." Mom said.