Chapter 47

Manik's POV

" She is my ward, not my sister. Mind it !! Get lost before I beat you. "

" Ok, bro... Chill! "

" Sahaj, are you coming? " Roshni asked.

" Yeah!! " He said with a smile.

" You are not going with her. Go and be around Myra. Viren would not like it if you leave her alone." I said and he looked at Myra and Viren.

" But Roshni wants to go for that slide ride, has been calling me. " He said.

" Don't worry, I will take her there. As it is, I need to talk to Roshni. "  I said.

" But... "

" Leave!! You should take care of Myra and Saanjh. What kind of a brother you are? Be there around them. " I scolded him and he looked a bit embarrassed. While Roshni was waiting for him standing a few metres away from me.

" Sorry, Roshni, you know, how Viren got angry. I need to be with Myra and Saanjh. " He turned and said with an apology.

" It's ok, I can understand. Don't worry, I can take care of myself. I have been doing it till now. So no problem. " She said with a sad smile.

I wanted to wipe that sadness off her face.  She turned to go. I felt very bad, she looked very alone.

" Roshni, wait!! " I said.  She stopped where she was.

" Would you like to go to that slide ?? " I asked going closer to her.

" I am already going. "  She said without looking at me. I felt that pain again.

" Can I come with you? "  I asked.

" What?? "  She was shocked to hear that.

Did I ask something inappropriate? She didn't react like this when that Sahaj offered to come with her.

Was she so angry with me?

" Will you go with me? " I asked with a smile. She shook her head and that simple gesture of hers hurt me.

" Why not? Are you still angry with me? " I could not help asking.

" Your girlfriend, would not like it. The moment she comes to know that, she would curse me and scold you. So let it be. Don't worry, I will manage, you don't need to come and guard me. " She said and rushed towards the slide.

I went after her and when she sat down on the slider, I joined her.

She tried to get up but I caught her hand and made her sit again with me and we started sliding. She was hesitant at first but all of a sudden, she seemed to forget everything and was as excited as a teenager. I loved her excitement and the slide so much fun that we went for it one more time.

She closed her eyes this time and so did I. My arm was holding her next to me and it felt very nice. I again felt those sparks in my body which I always had whenever I held her.

What was happening?? I wanted to loosen my arm but could not.

We fell in the pool at the end of the slide. I felt a kind of disappointment.

I was still looking at her and was about to talk to her, but she turned to go. I called her name but she didn't stop so I tried to stop her by holding her shoulder. But she moved too fast and her shirt ripped all of a sudden as I tried to stop her.

She was shocked. I went near her to apologise.  But she moved faster and joined the others.

" Hey what happened to your shirt? " Mihir asked immediately with concern, I went towards them as well.