Chapter 88

Manik's POV

" Boys!! Stop this discussion and  listen, we need to go back,  Viren you may come tomorrow with Raj if you want." Chachi said.

I looked at Roshni, she had no expression on her face and she was not looking at anyone.

" This is a perfect solution. We need to go home and start the preparation according to the new plan."  Uncle said and all others nodded.

Oh no!! Take him back with you. In fact, take both of them back with you. I already have too much tension.

" Yeah, we both can spend more time with both of them. I am sure Manik would also like that and tomorrow, we would go back together. " Viren said and Raj nodded.

No, I would not like that... In fact, I hate it.

" Perfect!! Raj would also need some time and may need his help as Raj is as shy as Manik. Viren can help in making both Raj and Roshni comfortable. Otherwise, this Manik would never let anyone talk to her. He does the same with Mahi. I pity the man who would come asking for my daughter's hand. These two overprotective brothers would beat him to a pulp.  Just see Viren's first reaction was to punch him." Chachu said and all the elders laughed.

I looked at Roshni, she closed her eyes and got embarrassed at what chachu said.

She stole a glance at me and looked tense.

Shit!!

Chachu is really too much... How can he compare Roshni and Mahi in the same context?

But my family had already adopted her as their daughter. They are not even thinking along the lines of her being their daughter-in-law.

Anyway, I have to do something but what??

" Yes, thank god our relationship was not tarnished because of that. I was scared that you would be upset with all of us as Viren hit Manik without even listening to him. I would have disowned him if the relationship between all of us was spoilt because of what he did.  I would have hated it as we all are such good friends for years now. " Viraj uncle said.

" Thankfully, our kids are good friends too, and they solved everything. Even I value my friendship a lot. I would not have talked to Manik in my life if the relationship between me and my friends was affected. " Chachu said.

Oh, God!! They would disown me and Viren soon.

" I am glad that everything is fine now. This is the first marriage in our second generation. Mohit, Srusti, Sujoy, and Sneha all are so excited, we all are going to be a big family. " Maya aunty said.

I don't know about family, but I hope they remain friends at least.

The elder ones left after lunch and Viren and Raj stayed.

*********

" Hey beautiful, you are unusually quiet today, is everything alright? " Viren asked Roshni. She just nodded with a fake polite smile. 

" Then why are you behaving differently? Are you not well? " Viren asked.

" Examination fever... I am sure." I said to change the topic.

" No, I am not a duffer, even if you think so. I am fully prepared for the exams."  She said but didn't even look at me.

What happened to her? Why is she being so touchy ?

"So? I was an excellent student and still, I used to have examination fever. " I said looking at her trying to explain that I didn't mean to say what she thought I said.