Chapter 78

Roshni's POV

" What if I say, it is not safe for you to stay with me? " He said looking away.

" What do you mean? That is not possible... "  I was surprised by what he said.

" Excuse me, Mr Shah, the owner of the hotel would like to talk to you."  A man came and gave a phone to Manik Ji.

" Hello?? Yes, sir, this is Manik Shah, I requested your staff to let me talk to you but they refused to disturb you. So I had to call my family friend....... Sir, I am at your hotel as we were stuck near your hotel because my cab broke down, now I need two rooms for the night... I am ready to pay even double for them..... Oh, ok thanks... Can we get two rooms??...... Yeah, I saw that. There are so many guests there. I can understand. We'll take it. I appreciate your help, sir.  Thank you so much!  And sorry to disturb you. But please visit any of our showrooms all over India and just refer me and you will get the best deal. " He said and disconnected the call.

" Sir, the room is ready. You can finish your meal and come to reception, you will get the keys." The man said and left.

" So we got only one room??" I asked and he nodded.

" Are you sharing it with me? If not, I am not using it either. "   I reminded him.

" You are so irritating and stubborn at times.  Let's go to the room. We will talk there. "  He said and got up as we had finished our dinner. I followed him.

We went back to the reception and there were even more people as the baraat had come. There was a lot of chaos. People were dancing and clicking pictures.

Manik Ji was still hesitant in sharing the room with me, he didn't want to go ahead. But he looked around and then looked at me, he was in deep thought.   I asked him what happened and he shook his head and signed there on the register and they gave us the key.

"  Come!! " He said with a very serious expression and then he rushed me to the room.

What happened all of a sudden??

Manik's POV

The owner called up and he agreed to give me the room which was always booked in his name. That was very sweet of him. I asked for two rooms but he said if any other room was available, he would have definitely given it to me but no room was available. I thanked him and took the room he offered. I offered to pay double for the room but he refused to take anything at all I was not ready for it. So I said thanks for his offer but I will pay the normal rent at least. I also offered to give him the best offer if they ever want to buy something from our showroom.

I went to the reception to give my information and get the keys.  Though I was still not convinced to share the room with her, I knew, Roshni was so stubborn,  she would not have stayed in the room at any cost if I didn't stay with her.

I looked around, there were so many people there, especially men, It was not safe for her to stay outside the room. I was still thinking about what to do as I was already trying to control my feelings for her I could not think of staying in the same room with her.

Just then I realise that she sometimes walks while sleeping, so I was scared as hell to even think what would happen if she does that tonight. What if she goes out of the room all by herself while she was sleeping??

No! I could not allow that. I need to stay with her.

But, my feelings?? To share a room when my feelings were going out of control was challenging.

But her safety comes first.

What if, we... Oh, God!! No, I can't do that. I need to sort out everything first.

But what if she goes out while I am not here? Shall I lock her from outside?? She would never agree and might kill me.

I looked around once again and saw some people still looking at her. 

Shit!! I can't leave her alone, it is not safe.

"  Come!! " I said holding her hand and rushing her away from there, we went to the room.

The room was opened and we both went into it. It was quite cosy... There was a fireplace in the room with some dry wood and everything else to light a fire.

I went to it and lit the fire and sat there to get my shirt dry as soon as possible. I looked around and saw that she had removed my jacket and wrapped her long hair in a dry towel from the washroom.

" Roshni, come and sit here by the fire, your clothes would get dry, my shirt is almost dry. " I said.

"Your shirt dried very soon because it was a single layer of cloth and just got damp, while my clothes are wet and thick it will take a lot of time to dry. They will not dry till morning.  " She said.

Oh, God!!

" Really?? But you can't sleep in wet clothes. See if there is any bathrobe in the washroom, I hope they have it, so you can wear it. "  I said.

" I already checked, there is none in the bathroom. " She said with a tense face.

Now I got tense too... The situation was getting worse for me. But I need to fight it.

" Ok, nothing to worry about, my shirt is dry, you can wear it and let your clothes dry in front of the fire in the meantime," I said casually but my heart was beating like a drum.

" No!! I am fine like this. " She said and sneezed.

" Nonsense, you will die of pneumonia. Here, take my shirt. Go and change... "  I said and started to undo the buttons

" But ... "

" I can't let you die... Wear it and sit by the fire.   " I said. She took it and went to the washroom.

Oh, God! Keep my sanity intact. Thank god I wore a black shirt, not a white one.

I was already trying not to look at her as her dress was clinging to her body and it was a light-coloured one, had become a bit translucent.

Now to see her in my clothes was just too much ... too intimate. I wanted to see how would she look in my shirt... but I must not. I turned my back towards the washroom.

By the sound of the opening and shutting of the washroom door, I could make out that she had already come out of the washroom, I didn't know what to do.

My heart was desperate to have a look at her wearing my shirt, but at the same time, my mind was screaming, not to do that. A dual was going on in me between heart and mind.

" Manik Ji, your hair is damp, please rub them with a towel. " She said.

" Let it be. It will dry on its own."  I said with my back still towards her.

" But you will catch a cold by then. Please rub them dry. " She insisted.

" I am fine! " I said.

" So was I, in my clothes but I still did what you said because it was logical. So now what I am saying is also logical. " She said.

" Ok, I will do it. "  I said to finish the topic.

The very next moment I felt her hand in my hair, " Wait, let me do it. " she said and started rubbing my hair.

I felt many things at a time which were not good at the moment. I was too aware of her standing behind me and bending to dry my hair as I was sitting on the floor sitting arrangements near the fireplace. I could hear even my heartbeat.

" Roshni let it be... "

" Wait, it is almost done. " She said and kept doing it.  Her hand in my hair was driving me crazy.

🥰😍😍😍😍🥰😍😍😍🥰😍😍😊😍🥰😍😊😊😊😊

Good morning friends 🌻

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a great day.

Thanks
Chhavi 💓💓💓