Chapter 89

Roshni's POV

I was in college when my phone started ringing all of a  sudden and what surprised me the most was that it was Chachi who was calling me.

" Hello, Chachi Ji! What a pleasant surprise... how are you?"I asked.

"  I am absolutely fine, beta  I am in Surat, was missing you a lot, why don't you come home?"  She said and I got scared.

Why did she come all of a sudden?

Did she come to know about what was published in the newspaper about us ??

Has she come to  Surat just to warn me to keep away from Manik Ji as he is getting married to Myra??

What if she gets angry with me because Manik Ji is interested in me and this relationship is not being accepted by society it would tarnish their family name and people would boycott them.

Manik Ji had always warned me that our relationship would not be accepted by society and we might have to face a lot of pressure from society.  I never took him seriously but now I knew how difficult it was.

" Chachi Ji, I would have loved to come, but I would not be able to as my exams are coming and we have a group study, I can't leave the group.  I would have managed to come if I knew that you are coming. " I said.

" Listen, I don't want any excuses, I told you to come and meet me so you are coming.  Leave everything and come and meet me, I need to talk to you. " She said.

" Ok, Chachi Ji!! I am coming. " I said and disconnected the call.

I reached home and was shocked to see Myra's parents and Viren Ji there at the dining table along with Manik Ji and his chachu-Chachi.

" Manik Ji was also surprised to see me.  Why were all of them here??

I think I knew why they must have come. If Myra's parents came they must have come to discuss their wedding.

Why did Chachi ji have to call me here? It was torture for me to see all that.

I greeted everyone and Chachi asked me to join them.  After about a few minutes my suspicion was proved right, they had come to discuss the coming wedding.

I was getting uncomfortable and after a few minutes, Chachi told me that Raj ji's mom had suggested that she would like me to get married to him.

Though I knew that Ranveer Ji had talked about Raj Ji and my marriage alliance just to push Manik Ji, I don't know why their mom talked to Chachi.

Raj Ji liked Myra, but maybe he became frustrated to see them getting married and all the arrangements but I didn't want to get married to Raj Ji.

So I got tensed and choked on something. Manik Ji offered me water, but I just wanted to get lost there. So I rushed to the washroom. I heard that Manik Ji was coming after me but Chachi followed me instead.

I was so frustrated that I burst into tears, though I tried not to cry in front of her she saw it and hugged me.

She asked me if I was alright and caressed my head. I  just nodded and then she told me to meet Raj Ji as he is a good man.

But I didn't know how to tell her that I loved Manik Ji. I really wanted to, but could not.  I felt that what if she also feels it was wrong just like everyone else in society?

I was already so upset to see the reaction of people to the news article. Everyone was giving me looks with contempt and disgust as if I had murdered someone brutally. Even my friends and teachers were treating me like that.