Chapter 24

Manik's POV

It was evening and I came home after a long and tiring day at work.

James told me that his dad liked the designs and they wanted some rare pieces of gems from us and at the same time, they wanted their diamonds to be cut and polished by us.

They selected some very authentic Indian traditional Jewellery from different regions of India. So it was a huge order and I was quite excited about it.

I went to my room and took a refreshing bath. Wore a kurta and churidar as I wanted the traditional theme.

I came downstairs and saw that Roshni was helping the servants to make arrangements. She was arranging the fresh flowers. And was laying the table.

" Hey, Roshni!! Why are you doing all this?? You don't have to do it. " I said.

" I wanted to help them. So I volunteered. You said that it is my home too. So if someone is coming to my home, I have to welcome them. " She said.

How thoughtful!  She is not that bad. Actually, she is sweet... and pretty... And cute.

" How was your day? " She asked.

" Very tiring. I didn't even get the time to have lunch properly..." I said.

" What?? You haven't had anything since breakfast?? Wait!! I will get something for you. "

" Rosh... " I was trying to stop her but had already rushed out of the room.

Within five minutes, she came with some snacks.

" Have them! You should not stay hungry for such a long time. "  She said like my Chachi. I smiled at that.

" But If I eat now, I would not be able to eat dinner with them,"  I said.

" Then have a bite of everything. This way you can taste all the things and would neither feel starved nor too full. You can't starve yourself like this. " She said and I accepted the plate as I was really hungry.

" Ummm!! Everything is awesome. Did you try them? " I asked and she nodded.

She told me her favourite dishes and asked about mine. I was enjoying talking to her. So told her whatever she asked.

I looked at her, she was looking even prettier in the yellow and orange traditional Gujrati suit.

It was a bit too colourful for me but suited her personality being so full of life.

She was looking like a young girl... not a child by any standard.

I averted my eyes from her and looked around to check if everything was right and found that everything was better than my expectations.

My staff was ready to give them a royal treatment. They would never forget this evening.

A servant came to tell me that they have arrived. I got up from my chair and went to the huge drawing room which was meant to receive guests.

" Don't go away... " I looked at Roshni and said. She nodded.

I went to greet and welcome them.

" Welcome to my humble adobe. " I said.

" Humble adobe?? This looks like a palace. And you are looking like a prince.  " They said. I threw my head back and laughed.

" Well, thanks for your compliments. But the night has just begun. Let's go inside. " I said and they entered the home there was a Rangoli at the entrance and they were amazed to see it.