Chapter 21

Manik's POV

" How could you stay there?? Do you know how dangerous it could have been?? Did you bother to think about your safety?? Or is your ego so big that you don't care at all?? " I said once we were alone.  But she kept standing there with her head bowed.

" Has the cat, caught your tongue?? Say something!! " I was annoyed as hell.

" I was not living there all by myself, my friends are also staying there. " She finally said it.

"  Where were your friends, I didn't see any of them and why didn't they come out to see off you? " I asked.

" They must be still at the resto-bar... Do you remember dragging me back here? "

" Ok!! But why go and live at that cheap place, when you could come here?? "

" We didn't have any options. " She said.

" Maybe they didn't have any options but you had. Why didn't you come here?"  I yelled at her.

"  I didn't feel welcome here anymore. I didn't want to be a burden on you. You didn't even want to see my face so you are a stranger to me.  "

" I apologised for that. You are welcome to live here even if the hostel opens. That day you said that you thought of me as your family, I swear if my sister had done, something like that, I would have slapped her for the first time in life. My brother and I treat her like a princess can kill anyone for her, but I swear, I would have slapped her.  It was so dangerous to live in a place like that. Don't cross the line Roshni. "  I said.

" I am sorry, but I didn't feel like that, and a few friends were also living around. I felt safe. " She said looking downwards.

" Friends?? Do you call them friends? They spiked your drink. I saw it with my own eyes. " I said.

" Maybe it was some sort of misunderstanding. Why would they do it??" She argued. 

" You don't trust me?? Why would I say such a thing?? Ok, tell me one thing why didn't that guy drink that cold drink?  Why did he let it slip out of his hand so conveniently??  because he could not drink as it was spiked. I am scared, of what might have happened, if you had drank it. " I said.

" Sorry! And thank you. "

" Promise me to stay away from them or I will beat them. " I said and she nodded.

Just nodded? Does she have a fever?? No arguments?

Thank God!

" Go and freshen up!!  I will tell Maharaj Ji to serve food. Come to the dining room in 15 minutes. I am famished. I could not eat that burger and fries. "

" Oh yes, we forgot about them. What a wastage?? They looked tempting. I am sorry. " She said and looked very cute with that expression of disappointment over the wastage.

" You liked it? " I asked and she nodded. If you be a good girl, I will take you there. You can have as many as you want or anything. "
" Wow!! Thanks!" She smiled like a little girl.

" Ok, now go and get ready for dinner. " I said and went to my room.

Roshni's POV

I came to my room to get freshen up. It looked like I was in safe heaven.  Mr Shah was right about one thing, that place was not safe for me to live there but I had no option as I didn't want to come here uninvited.

But the whole thing that happened today, had shaken me to the core. Did they spike my drink? Why??

My drink was spiked on New year's Eve as well. But that gentleman saved me that day. Or I would have...