Chapter 37

Roshni's POV

" He told me that you were calling me to the parking lot. But I didn't believe him, you would not do that. I told him that I can't come as the party was going on. But he was forcing me, saying, that you are very angry. I said I will talk to you and he panicked and started pulling me but I resisted and screamed. He ran away. " I said and he looked absolutely shocked.

The very next minute he pulled me in his arms and hugged me tightly, I wrapped my arms around his torso as well.

I was shocked but loved being in his arms, it was a real homecoming.

" Oh, God!! Don't ever pull that stunt again. Never leave the home, it's your home as well." He said.

" Then don't avoid me, I hated it. You know, I love you and you..."  And he stiffen again.  He loosened his arms around me and took a step back.

I looked at his hand and applied medicine to it.

" Roshni, please stop saying such things. " He said looking at his hand.

" What?? You didn't have to stay away from your own home. You went away early and came so late just to avoid having breakfast and dinner with me as that's the only time we spend with each other.  You don't have to do that, it's your home, if you don't want me here, you could have told me. " I said.

" Roshni, listen to one thing. I really like you as a person but I can't reciprocate your feelings as I don't feel that way. Please don't make me feel guilty for being in love with someone else. I don't feel such an emotion for you. "  He said holding my hand.

" But I feel all those things for you and there is no switch button in those feelings, if there was, I would have switched them off. " I said with a sad sarcastic smile.

" Exactly my point!!! I can't switch off the feelings button for Myra and turn my feelings button on for you. " He said.

"  Okay, let's enjoy our feelings as they are. You have feelings for her, I will have for you. "  I said though I was on the verge of crying.

" That's not right, Roshni.  You are making me uncomfortable. "  He said looking absolutely helpless. I felt bad for him but was feeling worse for myself. He was the best thing that had ever happened to me.

" Then let me move out of here. We should not stay here in the same house.  I have heard a saying... Out of sight, out of mind, maybe if I stay away from you, I will forget you with time, though just the thought is killing me. "  I said.

" No, it's not safe out there. You were attacked today. I can't allow you to stay anywhere else." He said shaking his head immediately.

I could see that he was worried as hell for me. He rushed out to look for me the moment he came to know that I left the home in the morning. He didn't even care that he was having a splitting headache at that time and then he broke that table out of anger and frustration he must have been very worried about me.

" Why do you care about me?? Can't you see, you love me as well?? "  I said.

" It is not love, not the kind you think it is. See I love many people, my parents, uncle, aunt, Mihir, Mahi, my friends, Myra and you. But my feelings are different for everyone. I love all of them and care about them. But I have that romantic feeling only for Myra. "  He tried to make me understand.

" I know you have feelings for her but I have them for you. I wish I had come to your life before her."  I said.

" You could not have... I know her since I was seven and she was five, you were not even born then. Even if she was not in my life, someone else would have been. "  He said.