Chapter 41

Manik's POV

I caressed her face, she smiled a bit shyly and looked very pretty.  And just then she saw the bandage on my hand.

" What happened to your hand? "  She caught it and asked.

" Nothing, leave that. "  I said.

" No, tell me. I need to know. "  She insisted.

" Myra, please we met after so long. And Roohi might come back. We need to talk about the more important things. " I said looking into her eyes.

" Don't change the topic, I know you got both your headache and this injury on hand, because of her. That girl... Roshni. Right?? " She asked looking into my eyes.

" It's not like that... "

" Don't lie, Manik!! I have seen that girl in action, she is very clumsy and creates problems wherever she goes. What has she done now? She also had an injury on her foot, I am sure you were also injured because of her. Okay, I know that she is your ward now and you are responsible for her safety and well being but why does she have to stay here in your house? " She asked.

" Her hostel is under renovation Myra... and she is a single girl with nowhere else to go, she is not supposed to live alone, it's not safe. " I explained.

" But it is not right for her to stay alone with a bachelor like this. Didn't you see, what your friends say? They all are broad-minded, still, it is not acceptable, Manik. " she said.

" I know, but I don't care, especially,  if her life is in danger."  I retorted.

" You don't care?? Why? What is so special about her? Are you having any special relationship with her?? " She was annoyed.

" Of course, not. She is my ward, my responsibility and I am her guardian. That's all...  though she has become a friend as she is living here with me now. "  I said and she made a face.

" And what do you mean her life is in danger? Don't tell me that you are trying to save her from some unknown enemies. " She asked with a shocked expression.

" I can't leave her alone to let her die, Myra. Her life is in danger because of my family.  Her parents were killed because of one decision my Dadaji took for their betterment but it made her lose her parents. They died because they were working for us. She is alone, and because of us,  we can't leave her alone now. " I said firmly. 

" But that means your life is also in danger. How can you keep her with you? " She was scared for me.

" I can understand your concern. She wanted to go away from here but I won't let her go till she is married to someone. " I said firmly. She needs to know.

" Fine!! But tell her not to come between us, I don't know why but I don't like her much. "  She said.

" Don't worry, now leave all that and give me a smile. " I said and she smiled at me.

" It seems you missed me these days. Did you get the time to order so many things for me? I don't even need that many things. But just the thought that you were thinking of me while buying them, made me feel happy. " She said.

We discussed the family pressure on us and how to avoid that.

"  If you want, I will tell Viren and Sujal about us.  He would be angry but Mihir, Shlok, Shaurya and others would help me to convince them. "  I said.

" No!! Not right now, what if they don't listen, you will spoil your relationship with him. And we are not even sure about our relationship. And once Viren would come to know about it our families would also come to know.  And if they fix a wedding between us then we can't take it back. Otherwise, it will spoil the relationship between everyone and it would not be worth it, they have been friends for years, we can't spoil it so we have to think before we let them know anything. " She said firmly.